Ok... The 200T vs 200 comparison!!!!

Those brakes are amazing - speaking to an RS rep he said in every test they out performed the previous brembos.

Also the MPG - that'll be on all mileage. The 1.5 DCi's come off the transporter with like an average of 6 MPG. A lot of say doing nothing.

On the road they were pretty good - I was getting 29-32 when I was giving it some and casual driving through villages - standard driving then.

The 44 mark will only be hit on a long run. I got 37.8 MPG in my 200 on the Motorway drive down - super ECO! As for the way back - 27... Yeah haha

But they are good fun - still undecided about whether I would trade mine in for one.

How did you find all that torque? Can't half feel the difference?

shame they fit brembos to the cup racer then if the steel cheap brakes are that good :innocent:

Subaru now offer a 5 year warranty on all their cars excluding the WRX STI.

http://subaru.co.uk/why-subaru/

http://subaru.co.uk/vehicles/brz/se/

I sat in a BRZ a few weeks ago at the Subaru/Ssangyong dealer which is also Mazda service. I was impressed by the interior, poor design, badly made and not very good quality materials.

Yup all new BRZs now come with a 5 year warranty but if you get one of the earlier cars (before Dec 2012 i think it was) then it will only have a 3 year warranty and have the Subaru Etc package where they refurb the wheels and so on.

I don't mind the interior on my 86 but coming from a 200 cup its luxurious :wink: The standard radio on the BRZ is straight out of the 90s.

I test drove both and didn't notice any difference other than the radio! The BRZs are holding their value better though simply because there are less of them about. The one I test drove is less well equipped than my 86, same milage, same month of registration but it was listed at 3k more and still is now, almost 3 months later! There is definately more room for negotiation on the 86s.

There are a lot around the 20k mark now and with a 5 year warranty and PCP deals available on nearly new ones I suspect you could get a well specced one for the same as the 200T or less...

The big thing to remember is part of the deal between Subaru and Toyota was that Subaru are only allowed to sell a small percentage of the cars. Off the top of my head it's something like 3 in 10 cars will be badged BRZ and the rest will be badged GT86, I read something a while back but that will explain why there are quite a few GT86's about but not so many BRZ's...

Yup all new BRZs now come with a 5 year warranty but if you get one of the earlier cars (before Dec 2012 i think it was) then it will only have a 3 year warranty and have the Subaru Etc package where they refurb the wheels and so on.

I don't mind the interior on my 86 but coming from a 200 cup its luxurious :wink: The standard radio on the BRZ is straight out of the 90s.

I test drove both and didn't notice any difference other than the radio! The BRZs are holding their value better though simply because there are less of them about. The one I test drove is less well equipped than my 86, same milage, same month of registration but it was listed at 3k more and still is now, almost 3 months later! There is definately more room for negotiation on the 86s.

There are a lot around the 20k mark now and with a 5 year warranty and PCP deals available on nearly new ones I suspect you could get a well specced one for the same as the 200T or less...

Hows your 86 treating you btw?

Any up to date pics.

Subaru now offer a 5 year warranty on all their cars excluding the WRX STI.

Well that's me sold then. The BRZ is a nicer looking car and has Mica Blue :tongue_smilie:. Yeah the radios are supposed to be really naff but you can change that. :smile:

P.S. I also drove the GT. what a car!!!!

Thanks,

Jack

My Misses works for ford and her new demo is the ST arrives in the next couple of weeks, im thinking about the GT as we need something a little better on fuel for football (season ticket at Chelsea and we live in the midlands)

Any more of your opinion on this car would be fantastic! :wink:

Am I missing something here? Since the new brakes are better than the Brembos then why is Renault fitting them on the cup racers?????

But are they better? There is a lot more to brake feel than just the caliper. Most Clios now will have corroded sliders, seized pads, old fluid etc. a new car should feel very good in comparison.

The big thing to remember is part of the deal between Subaru and Toyota was that Subaru are only allowed to sell a small percentage of the cars. Off the top of my head it's something like 3 in 10 cars will be badged BRZ and the rest will be badged GT86, I read something a while back but that will explain why there are quite a few GT86's about but not so many BRZ's...

Because Toyota own a large % of Subaru :thumbdown:

But are they better? There is a lot more to brake feel than just the caliper. Most Clios now will have corroded sliders, seized pads, old fluid etc. a new car should feel very good in comparison.

I was only comparing new to new. According to djjackwilson an RS rep said that in every test they out performed the previous brembos. So my question is that if the new brakes outperform Brembo, why does Renault fit Brembos on the cup racers? Unless of course the Brembos on the cup racers are better than our ones...

Last edited:

that satement excludes my car...

if the 200t calipers etc were that good then the cup racer would keep them...

200t discs have gone up in size and i bet the brake booster is bigger as well!!!

Last edited:
I was only comparing new to new. According to djjackwilson an RS rep said that in every test they out performed the previous brembos. So my question is that if the new brakes outperform Brembo, why does Renault fit Brembos on the cup racers? Unless of course the Brembos on the cup racers are better than our ones...

They aren't brembos :wink:

On the new Cup cars they have Brembo Calipers - yes.

However, they have AP pads and discs.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
PpAbarth Clio 200T Area 1