Ok... The 200T vs 200 comparison!!!!

May I ask Jack, you say that on track the car is outstanding whereas the press has reported that not only is worse than the mk3 but from the other hatches as well. I'm not talking practicality/efficiency/acceleration here. Just as a track toy...
I haven't driven the car yet of course, I only base this on the so far released information..

Last edited:
Im going to have to give you some customer fedback here, the new Clio 200 looks sh*t, sorry it just does. Please report back to Renaults higher-ups and request the styling department are sacked.

The new Clio has zero road presence what so ever. All the torque, launch control, onboard computer etc is meaningless when the car looks utterly tripe. Even in the cup outfit it still looks truly aweful, the spoiler is just so naff looking, the lights are ugly, day runners are pointless, the alloys...urgh. Even thinking of it makes me sick everywhere. It isnt a hot-hatch in any way, dont start me on the gearbox or number of doors. My old car was a paddle shifter..never again.

I would rather tomorrow morning walk to work than be seen dead in the new shape Clio, i hope to god Renault learn from this horrid mistake as they are usually spot on. Its like a really ugly new girlfriend when your old one was really pretty...why on gods earth would you change?

My two cents, sorry :smile:

Not a fan on the looks of the new 200T. Not looking to change cars but IF i had to sell the 200 i think id be looking at a Meg 265. Focus RS could also tempt me

Jack you had all those amazing cars to chose from in the line-up and you took the 200T cup/non-cup!? Hang your head :tongueout:anic:

On another note I didn't realise the launch control is such a big factor. This is just an ECU setting and can be added to existing Renaultsports, Henk (fastchip.nl) already offers this so you can add it currently.

In that case buy a Focus ST much more car for the money. Dealers are selling ST2s from £21,500. I know what is have if it had to be a 5 door hot hatch and it ain't French.

Not sold of its looks quite yet, the Fiesta is a much nicer looking car than the Focus. The 24mpg real world figures are also not too clever.

Not sold of its looks quite yet, the Fiesta is a much nicer looking car than the Focus. The 24mpg real world figures are also not too clever.

Agree Noodie....I think Renault are gonna need a few goes at it before its close. Don't think its as bad as people make out. If I'm honest, when the standard 197 came out in 2006, didnt blow me over.

True its not a looker, but its better than the new Clio. As for mpg from the new ST Focus I don't know. I got 30 mpg from the 2.5 turbo in the last one over 5 years but my driving style seems to suit good economy. Always has done. But then you don't buy cars like this for economy.

24mpg in the new Focus? I knew the last gen one was a bit thirsty but figured that was the 2.5ltr 5banger that was the problem.

I'd take the new Focus over the Clio any day of the week TBH. Though you do have a good arguement Clio vs Fiesta for practicality once you + kids and buggies etc. I wince every time I have to take my sisters kids in the Clio as I know that the child seat is gonna hit the Recaros on its way in/out and the buggy wont fit in the boot without removing the parcel shelf.

I know what you mean about the seat

the back of my Recaro looks like Wolverine has got freaky with it

Ah well. Maybe Leo will buy me some carbon ones for Fathers Day next year

for those who were complaining about shift delays, the new software mapping was on a couple of them - and it's how it should be. That will be standard ASAP!
Thanks,

Jack

So they have upgraded the gearbox software to give better shifts? and eliminating the delay some have complained about?

What's the deal with the launch control jack? Is it right that the ecu will only allow 1500 starts?

I could do that in a year.. Lol

i was told at brands the LC is not limited other than by temperatures. Software will only allow it till it gets too hot and then stop them till it cools.

there is no limit on the amount you can do RE: warranty.

So they have upgraded the gearbox software to give better shifts? and eliminating the delay some have complained about?

i was told at brands the LC is not limited other than by temperatures. Software will only allow it till it gets too hot and then stop them till it cools.

there is no limit on the amount you can do RE: warranty.

waits for first post from 200t owner to have warranty claim rejected on clutch due to wear & tear result of to many launch controls :coffee:

waits for first post from 200t owner to have warranty claim rejected on clutch due to wear & tear result of to many launch controls :coffee:

This. Can you imagine going into renault and complaining your clutch has thrown its toys out the pram after smashing launch controls in every day? They will literally tell you to jog on I would think.

This. Can you imagine going into renault and complaining your clutch has thrown its toys out the pram after smashing launch controls in every day? They will literally tell you to jog on I would think.

I thought one of the benefits of a dual clutch system was launch control didn't shag the clutch?

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
PpAbarth Clio 200T Area 1