No wonder everyone Selling Up

Mines around £850 FC, I think the excess is £250.

21, 3 Years NCB, Clean License. I didn't think it was too bad, kind of said to myself if it was more than a £1000 then I'd get rid.

Considering getting a VW Camper as an additional car for the summer, and it's hard to get a quote under £1000...completely flawed industry.

Annoying thing is that its becoming harder and harder to find competitive quotes since most 'insurance' companies are just brokers, so most just offer the same as any other depending on what deals they can get.

Mines around £850 FC, I think the excess is £250.

21, 3 Years NCB, Clean License. I didn't think it was too bad, kind of said to myself if it was more than a £1000 then I'd get rid.

Considering getting a VW Camper as an additional car for the summer, and it's hard to get a quote under £1000...completely flawed industry.

Annoying thing is that its becoming harder and harder to find competitive quotes since most 'insurance' companies are just brokers, so most just offer the same as any other depending on what deals they can get.

Nice with the camper, I've got an '89 Polo Saloon myself :smile:
You'll have to insure it for the year as soon as you tax it now though mate, theiving barsterds...

Don't mind paying for it just pisses you off that there is loads out there are not

I was 33 when I renewed my insurance with 3 points and 9 yrs NCB.. had to pay £700 FC with a £300 excess. Considering I was driving an Alpina B3S (which is rare as rocking horse poo) and over 300bhp and insuring it for £630 FC the year before - it's a bit crazy.

We should have the US system where you (the person) are insured and not the 'car'. It makes more sense that way that 'driver a' is a safe driver in any car, not necessarily twice as dangerous in a performance car as a shopping car!

Someone who crashes every year (own fault) clearly should be paying a higher premium!

Women and men, unless there is accident history proving that person is a greater risk, should be treated equally - which the EU recently put into law, however, insurance companies are dodgying that one.

Rich

totally mate. Were paying for them lot though! Wouldnt mind paying it if you got a % of what you paid back at the end for not claiming. Otherwise its x amount for hopefully no reason. Its all statistics and that. My mates misses used to work for CIS explained how it all 'works'. Its all ******** tbh.

I wasnt happy that mines just risen to the equivilant of 450 quid... although looking at this thread Ill keep my mouth shut... 18, wrote a car off last year (nature got in the way) and Ive only had my license 2 years....

Nice with the camper, I've got an '89 Polo Saloon myself :smile:
You'll have to insure it for the year as soon as you tax it now though mate, theiving barsterds...

Yes, read about that a while a go, bit of a pain! Ideally looking for a T25 Multivan 1.6Td with a pop top, so I can use it all year around. Should be more economical than the Clio :001_rolleyes:

I wasnt happy that mines just risen to the equivilant of 450 quid... although looking at this thread Ill keep my mouth shut... 18, wrote a car off last year (nature got in the way) and Ive only had my license 2 years....

:zomg: :f1team07: :chair:

Lucky sod

Mine's about £800 fully comp, I'm 22 with remap, brakes and a few other bits declared. Also one non-fault claim which seems to add about £80 (WTF!?). 4 years no claims and 5 years driving.

That's with bell

Greenlight wanted £755 think not Swinton+Hastings direct £302 will phone up knott tomorrow ask them to match found 22 companies under cut them.any one else noticed the windscreen excess gone up as well from £50 to £75

i want to sell the car before the insurance is due. its not getting used as it is and im not paying stupid money for insuarance.

i have 2 cars and the fireblade insurance all in october

Yes Luke they want 500 with 700 excess.wouldn't go with bell or elephant any way they were a pile of crap when they dealt with my sons accident