New clio 200 problems

Hello fello clio owners - I am new to all this but recently picked up my new clio 200 and have a few questions regarding it. I have had a quick look but cant really find what i am looking for so post this new thread.

I have noticed having lived with the 200 for three weeks now that the ipod connections through the usb is rubbish. Having paid for the stereo upgrade i had the impression that i would be able to scoll through my music collection using the radio and having found what i want to listen to simply click the button to do so. Having tried this i am frustrated that i can not scroll through more than one track at a time without it starting to play that track, any ideas. You can imagine my frustration when i want to listen to something starting at the end of the alphabet, its physically impossible.

The next is ssue is the paint match. I purchased it in nimbus with the anthracite option but having got the car home find that the colour match on the rear bumper is shocking. Am i the only one? I dont want it respryed as then it wont be original but even to the untrained eye the colour is cleary different.

Finally performance - the car has only done 350 miles but to say the least it is not as quick as i imagined. it seems to struggle to accelerate. i have tried 98ron petrol but still feel it lacks performance. Am i the only one.

Thanks in advance

Welcome :smile:

I use my iPhone via Bluetooth and don't think you can do that either.

I'm having problems with the paint on my spoiler and I'm in contact with RUK, I would suggest you take it up with the dealer and then RUK if you dint get anywhere.

Regarding performance my car has done 3K now and I love it, had a 182 previously so knew what I was getting.

It's odd you should say about the colour match, I find most Renaults are very good. Ford have/had a huge problem with the pearlescent colours. I cancelled my order of a new focus RS in green as the paint match was so bad.

I hope you get all the problems sorted mate :worried:

They can feel quite tight but with only 350 miles on it you need to be patient. Mines just gone over 10k and loves to rev but I remember it feeling quite tight when I first got it.

7 seconds to 60 and 180hp is still pretty good, i came from a bike that would do 0-60 in 4 seconds and only occasionally miss it.

Finally performance - the car has only done 350 miles but to say the least it is not as quick as i imagined. it seems to struggle to accelerate. i have tried 98ron petrol but still feel it lacks performance. Am i the only one.

Thanks in advance
Once you've run it in - give it some welly.

They only "feel" fast when the rev counter is >5,500 rpm.

Get it on a bendy road too - they aint meant for motorways etc.

I agree that the paint match is normally good, how's the match on your front bumper and wings? If this is good I'd question the dealer as to why the rear is any different, may have been damaged in transit....hopefully not but you never know.

Regarding performance, I got mine on 23k and its now got 30k on it and seems pretty fast

The colour match on mine is shocking too, under street lighting it is sooo noticeable! But plastic vs bodywork colour match is usually shocking lol!

As for slow performance, well most have already said, when it has been run in, you'll notice a difference. :smile::smile:

My silver 182 seemed different to have colours comparing the bumpers to the metal panels. Not the best paint.

the power is at top end. U have to really thrash the engine and keep it the top end of the rev range. Thats after its run in, they get better with miles, and there down on power from renaults quoted. figures.

Thanks in advance

What are you comparing it with though to draw this conclusion? Alot of us have come from previous Clio Sports. Its all relative really. :confused1:

I agree with what everyone has said tbh too. I bought my 197 with 14k on the clock. 12 months and 7k more miles it feels better than ever!

Hello fello clio owners - I am new to all this but recently picked up my new clio 200 and have a few questions regarding it. I have had a quick look but cant really find what i am looking for so post this new thread.

I have noticed having lived with the 200 for three weeks now that the ipod connections through the usb is rubbish. Having paid for the stereo upgrade i had the impression that i would be able to scoll through my music collection using the radio and having found what i want to listen to simply click the button to do so. Having tried this i am frustrated that i can not scroll through more than one track at a time without it starting to play that track, any ideas. You can imagine my frustration when i want to listen to something starting at the end of the alphabet, its physically impossible.

The next is ssue is the paint match. I purchased it in nimbus with the anthracite option but having got the car home find that the colour match on the rear bumper is shocking. Am i the only one? I dont want it respryed as then it wont be original but even to the untrained eye the colour is cleary different.

Thanks in advance

Ignore the lack of power for now as it needs a lot of miles to run the engine in properly.

Mine's done 18k on 99RON and is very quick.

My 197 did 36k and was rapid.

It takes at least 15k before the engine loosens up properly. The exhaust note improves a lot aswell and becomes louder and more throaty.

You can't judge the ability of this car until you've reached about 20k and you should change the oil and filter every 6k. Also get an ITG panel filter, this improves responsiveness.

Thanks in advance

You may also want to get your tracking and tyre pressures checked. The tracking on the Clio 200 gets constantly knocked out by pot holes and the result is loss of power, rumbling from the engine mounts when pulling away and understeering.

I have to get mine done a least every 4 weeks.

I found the same problem with the ipod connection. It's so fustrating I simply given up on choosing tracks. What is worse is the connection seems to be getting more periodic.

Mine was dead until it had done 1500 miles, then it was as if a switch was flicked. Now on 3000 and feeling better still.

Clocked a 6.8-60 on the RS Monitor t'other day...

Funny what you say about the iPod though, it may be down to it's age/software version? With my iPhone plugged in, I can toggle though all the menus as if I were using it from the phone itself, albums/artists/tracks etc etc.

Oh, lastly mine is really sensitive to tyre pressures, get a good gauge.

Thanks in advance

Welcome! Mine is also Nimbus, but I can't fault the colour match or paint generally, far better than my Alfa which was due a respray after a year due to sh*t red paint.

Given that it's done 350 miles, I'd doubt that it's anything like run in, also, I'd be somewhat reticent to try and get the best performance out of it when it's still so new and needs to bed in.

I found the same problem with the ipod connection. It's so fustrating I simply given up on choosing tracks. What is worse is the connection seems to be getting more periodic.

Check the firmware on the USB as there is in update on the Renault site, it's always best to check you are using the latest version if you're getting weird results.

I just stream music using Bluetooth from my phone if I want any tunes on there as it works exceptionally well, also handy for getting Sat Nav through the speakers too! :smile:

Definately agree with above posts about how the car drives. Ive done just over 1k miles now, and everytime I get in the car it seems like the engine is getting looser and looser :smiley:
Oh and it sounds awesome once you've got a few miles on the clock :wink:

Done 6000 in mine and when i got to 1000 i thought "wow, now its run in!"......then at 3000 i thought "wow, NOW its run in"........and then at 5000 i thought "wow, NOW its definatley run in!"
It just keeps getting quicker and louder :smile: and i hear that at 10000 it really steps up!
Try and take it on some long runs if you can (2 hours +) it seemed to help mine.