New clio 200 problems

Strangely my engine seemed to feel it's freeest after about 20k! Since then has felt brill. Also as above depends on RPM. 5500+ for most fun :smile:...You actually feel the power change. And also (although you shouldn't do it anyway) there is a chance that if the engine is not fully warmed it will feel to have half the power it should. Cold start behaviour is a little strange on the 197's and 200's believe this is a known issue anyway but once it's warm it'll free up :smile:...

Strangely my engine seemed to feel it's freeest after about 20k! Since then has felt brill. Also as above depends on RPM. 5500+ for most fun :smile:...You actually feel the power change. And also (although you shouldn't do it anyway) there is a chance that if the engine is not fully warmed it will feel to have half the power it should. Cold start behaviour is a little strange on the 197's and 200's believe this is a known issue anyway but once it's warm it'll free up :smile:...

That's because you're right, it won't feel strongest until 20k plus. At that point drop the oil and filter, get it on a dyno and have it custom remapped. You will then have it at the best it's going to get.

That's what I'm planning to do :smile:

my reap bumper is terrible ive got albi blue, looks really dark compared to everything else. performance wise it feels better now but i think the weight is the killer. coming from a clio trophy i knew what i wanted and while the 200 isnt as fast as the t its just a fantastic little car. mostly all clios wont get anywhere near the 197 bhp claim

my reap bumper is terrible ive got albi blue, looks really dark compared to everything else. performance wise it feels better now but i think the weight is the killer. coming from a clio trophy i knew what i wanted and while the 200 isnt as fast as the t its just a fantastic little car. mostly all clios wont get anywhere near the 197 bhp claim

Most dyno'd 200 have done so. The older 172s and 182s dont. :wink:

Are you sure noddie?

My 197 was about 186bhp before remap I think and 191 ish after remap, seemed to be a fairly high result

Mines done18k now and feels pretty good. Can't see how it can get quicker now unless remap etc is done. Doesn't like being run when cold but once warmed up give it the beans and keep it up over 5.5k revs as that's where most fun is to be had!

Are you sure noddie?

My 197 was about 186bhp before remap I think and 191 ish after remap, seemed to be a fairly high result

I was 197.9 second time round and 192.8 first time round. Chaz's 200 made 195 (I think) and Mark has twice made over 194.