Clio 200 climate control problems

Hi All,

Have got a clio 200 (well actually it's the wife's but i try and drive it as much as I can!). It's just over a year old (covered well under 10k miles) and over the last few months we've been having problems with the climate control not working effectively and making lots of noises. It's been re gassed a couple of times and is in the garage today to get to the bottom of the issue.

Just had a call and they tell me that the condensor at the front has been hit by something and that there's a small hole hence no climate control and the noises, but because of this it is not covered under warranty and will be £400 odd to fix inc labour. Obviously not too happy seeing as its only just a year old.

In everybody's experience is this cost about right for replacing? Also have we just been really unlucky or is there a common problem with the air con condensor?

Thanks in advance for your comments!

When I started reading this and you mentioned the symptoms I immediately thought holed condenser.

It's not uncommon but it's not something Renault will warranty as a stone thrown up is hardly there fault.

As far as cost you need to ring round and get some quotes to see if it's competative.

tell them you want to see the "damaged" parts....then you can see if it has been struck by something!

I would also argue with them over the location of it. Surely it should have some sort of protection.

I'm sure i've read on here that someone got a contribution to the repair when they kicked up a stink.

Thanks for your replies. To be honest garage took time to show me and the does look like its been hit by something :-( oh well maybe we'll go climate less for the winter :smile:

cure

Thanks for your replies. To be honest garage took time to show me and the does look like its been hit by something :-( oh well maybe we'll go climate less for the winter :smile:

Exact same thing happened to me yeh £400 is about right however if you have any mechanical knowledge you can pick the parts up for cira £160. I have now installed a mesh now to protect against this again because if you look at your car from the front its only a matter of time before it happens again it has now protection whatsoever i even told renault it was a design flaw. And now look athe new one !!!! Nuff said.

why complain at £400 odd :smile:
mines broken with same issue and renault quoted me £557, gogo group buy.
i've just chosen not to do it.
theres another thread in general about exactly the same thing with more info titles "not impressed" or something like that :smiley: