Nearly 3 Years Later...... Finally

So for those members who don’t know the story. I had been looking for a 197 for literally years, up and down the country going to see ‘mint’ examples only to be disappointed then a Racing Blue R27 came up locally but unfortunately it was sold that morning but my faith was restored that they were still great 197’s still out there. I’ve always preferred the 197 to the 200 so the hunt was back on. Whilst on holiday in Gran Canaria and chilling with a beer looking through the classifies I found number 271! With barely 16k on the clock (this was in 2016) and in Liquid Yellow the search was finally over.

With unmarked Recaros, stainless exhaust tips, front splitter and Cup spoiler fitted it was looking perfect. It came with a BluFin map, ITG panel filter and FSH so drove great and no gearbox issues. The first thing I changed was the stubby aerial to an original one and a set of RS mats. I also retro fitted the rear Clio badge. I like to keep my cars OEM but couldn’t resist the R26.R front and rear discs for a bit of bling. Also when the new Megane RS came out I liked the look of the centre caps with the red surrounds so they were purchased also. An original RS gear knob completed the car.

The plan was to keep the R27 for sunny days and keep the miles low but losing my mother made me rethink things so it’s now my daily when I’m not riding the R1. Life is too short, so here are some pics, sorry they are 3 years late! :smile:18C122B8-0D49-4624-AD23-9C9751555C13.jpeg

BBEA27B9-3D62-4487-B1DB-B138AFF07FBC.jpeg

2DCF210D-84F2-40F9-B80B-E1CFC265F796.jpeg

B169D665-5BE4-4475-A69A-522525437E91.jpeg

D7FB820E-23BA-4701-AD3A-FC661F0EED40.jpeg

44D0B60B-9E8C-4C2D-B022-E25753F60887.jpeg

Not bad for a 12 year old car!

It is a very nice car and I personally think that the daily should be the dream car, then no matter what the day brings you will always be picked back up when you drive home.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: LOCKE
Well done, looks lovely, as mint as I thought it would be, funnily I took the head staggers and advertised mine last Thursday, sold to the first guy that say it on Saturday, tbh I’ll probably end up regretting it but I wanted to slim the fleet to just one car next year (997.2) if possible and sadly the little Clio was was always going to go before my gtc vxr astra!

Health to enjoy your car bud, I’ll keep a look in from time to time here as I still have a very soft spot for these little cars!

Don't worry lads, it's just a Photoshop....

Haha na it is look so good man!
I'm sorry about your loss, but as you said life is short, enjoy the car, the memories will resonate in you way more than a car sitting in a garage!

Stunningly beautiful, absolutely gorgeous as I knew it would be. Glad you're enjoying driving her Colin. It's hard to keep a car so well once you're driving it daily but I know you will look after it. Also it was made to be driven & enjoyed in that way too. Win win!

Similar Thread Suggestions