Nearly 6 years of ownership and

Roy

clio197.net legend
I get great pleasure when I get compliments of fellow car enthusiasts.Went to my sons BBQ today and a bloke who restores and races TVRs came to talk to me about our car and said it was one car he would love to have had but never driven one either.So I gave him the card and away he went 15 mins later he came back with the biggest smile on his face you could imagine.His words were "I have to have one" he couldn't believe the handling and the breaking.He said the most fun in years and the best 1/4 tank of fuel he ever used
So for a standard FF 197 nearly 6 years old not bad I think:smile::smile::smile:

There a crackin car still mate. It stressed me out for a week when deciding to get another car.

I'm not so sure i'd let anyone else drive my 197 but i get the same type of comments after taking folks for a spin.

Normally the grip thing that gets em talking :wink:

1/4 tank of fuel in 15mins, if that was my clio i wouldnt of wanted to hear that :'( knowing someone has driven my pride and joy to that extent id feel she cheated on me.

Hahaha that's what they're built for!!! :smiley:

I shouted at my boss when I let him use Nicole a few weeks back. My MPG went up after he'd been in her and he said he'd been changing up at 4,000RPM. Nicole doesn't like that, especially on nice roads... I wouldn't have been pleased if he'd have damaged her, don't get me wrong, but in the case of that happening then I'd have just taken his 246 Dino GT until she was fixed. For the record, they're not as fast as a 197/200. :wink:

1/4 tank of fuel in 15mins, if that was my clio i wouldnt of wanted to hear that :'( knowing someone has driven my pride and joy to that extent id feel she cheated on me.

Would never do it to just anyone he was no con man and he never did anything that I wouldn't have done.The old girl never goes over 40 so it was good to give her a good blast as Willis said that's what they are built for.Its never been on a track and never used to its limits so I was never worried in fact was pleased.Bet we have a new member in the next 6 weeks :wink:

I totally agree thats why they are built i give mine a good pummeling on a regular basis just dont no if i could face someone else doing it to her :nope: your definately braver than me :smile:

I totally agree thats why they are built i give mine a good pummeling on a regular basis just dont no if i could face someone else doing it to her :nope: your definately braver than me :smile:

3 years ago I would have said the same but when you have a accident like me and can't drive it was great to hear it see it moving like it should be.I will never let it go but at the end of the day it's only a tool to get you from A-B.When your as old as me you will understand :wink: