Nearly an owner.

darren9

Paid Member
Can't remember if I've done a newbie thread or not. I've been on while looking at clios for sale.

Have viewed a few, initially I had to have an R27, then any with the recaro's but after viewing cars with destroyed seats I gave up on that idea.

Yesterday I stuck a deposit on this 197 cup:

image_zpsz4ukqem2.jpg

image_zpsf6bfrkye.jpg

Pictures are from the forecourt. It's going to be a couple of weeks before I collect as I'm waiting for a replacement log book for my px.

The garage rang this morning and have agreed to let me have the car early.

Ive just got back from picking it up. It's noisy and bouncy and not great on the motorway but I love it.

Pictures to follow later in the week hopefully.

The garage rang this morning and have agreed to let me have the car early.

Ive just got back from picking it up. It's noisy and bouncy and not great on the motorway but I love it.

Pictures to follow later in the week hopefully.

Yeah they are not really motorway cruisers lol!!

That looks like a cracking example! Do you have any plans for it?

As others have already said, B roads are where this car really comes into its own.

Plans ... None really.

I wouldnt mind ferodo DS2500 pads. Maybe different discs.
Quite fancy some lowering springs.
I might get a retrimmed alcantara steering wheel.
I quite like the cup spoiler and splitter. But none of those are definite plans.

Ill give it it a decent clean as soon as I can though.

Actually. Saying that about plans; I do need some mats. Where is the best place to get some?

That would depend. Are you after official ones or some similar to these (which I got from eBay - will check the seller if interested)?

815e52e35e2859fc3d5f5eebb05f2082.jpg

I have genuine mats too as they came with the car and if it's the official ones that you're after then I'd get them from here:

http://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.uk

One thing to double check is the fitting as I believe that the 187 and early 200s don't have a plastic plug to mount and attach the mats too.

Welcome. As said before, take it on the back roads & feel the smile on your face get bigger!