My new engine work!!!!!

Nice work here mate, gotta commend your commitment.

Luving the new throttle setup defo!

now if only you could find 15bhp more we can make it interesting lol :wink:

What sort of torque figures are you running?

Nice work here mate, gotta commend your commitment.

Luving the new throttle setup defo!

now if only you could find 15bhp more we can make it interesting lol :wink:

What sort of torque figures are you running?

It isnt there to be found!! Not with the cams we both run!

Torque is on the graph mate! 162 peak but constant at around 150 (give or take) throughout the range, no massive dips like on most 197s!

some good results there Kevo especially that torque lower down the revs.

6th gear wont be so much of a 'nothing gear' now on the motorway.

You have good torque figures too mate. Sometimes more important than the BHP.

How you finding the new ECU to live with, drive any diff?

some good results there Kevo especially that torque lower down the revs.

6th gear wont be so much of a 'nothing gear' now on the motorway.

Yeah, its quite good to be able to keep it in 6th and just pull away TBH!

You have good torque figures too mate. Sometimes more important than the BHP.

How you finding the new ECU to live with, drive any diff?

Its alot of the time more important than BHP figures but people dont tend to realise!! Its not the ECU that makes it drive different (well it is in a way) but the cable throttle!!

Im interested in price too.

Hated the response of the fly by wire throttle, however fitted a sprint booster and aided it abit.

I cant reveal price for two reasons......

1. I nevr paid anywhere near what it should cos as Matt is a very good mate and the car is a dev project so its Matts whenever he needs.

2. Matt wont be doing another, its a one off. Unless you offer him BIG money!

I love this thread - a great deal of work has gone in and looks like great results.

I wonder if Matt would do mine for one miiiiilllwwiion dollars?!:scared:

For one million dollars you can fill your petrol tank with liquid nitro lol. 400bhp???

And you'll get a colour coded 4 foot flame out the exhaust like Fast & Furious?

loving the idea that Matt wont be doin another mate, you have a proper one off :smiley:

Yup, its kinda nice!

I love this thread - a great deal of work has gone in and looks like great results.

I wonder if Matt would do mine for one miiiiilllwwiion dollars?!:scared:

LOL, I think he may do for that price :smiley:

For one million dollars you can fill your petrol tank with liquid nitro lol. 400bhp???

And you'll get a colour coded 4 foot flame out the exhaust like Fast & Furious?

But the floor of you car will fall off....

Thought I'd pop in :smiley:

Really pleased to see the positive response Kevs work has gotten from you all. It's always nice to have our hard work appreciated and I've had to smile at some of the comments. I really enjoyed doing Kevs car despite some of the massive challenges it presented us with and the results, especialy the shape of the torque curve and how much of it there is, have really been worth the effort.

Regarding doing another - we did Kevs car because I needed data on driving the VVT with EC1 for our PNP X85/C85 Race/Rally car project and as such Kev did get a deal on the work and of course being a pal of ours we approached him first to see if he fancied it :wink:

There is always the possibility of doing another but the price to do it (because of the amount of work involved properly modifying the stock loom etc.) and the compromises with must be made (which whilst suitable for a project such as Kevs won't appeal to people who still have their interior in place!) makes it very unlikely we will do one.

Safe to say Kev has a very unique and very fast 197 now, as I've said elsewhere it's the only road car I've driven that genuinely pulls like an X85 race car!

Cheers
Matt

Thought I'd pop in :smiley:

Really pleased to see the positive response Kevs work has gotten from you all. It's always nice to have our hard work appreciated and I've had to smile at some of the comments. I really enjoyed doing Kevs car despite some of the massive challenges it presented us with and the results, especialy the shape of the torque curve and how much of it there is, have really been worth the effort.

Regarding doing another - we did Kevs car because I needed data on driving the VVT with EC1 for our PNP X85/C85 Race/Rally car project and as such Kev did get a deal on the work and of course being a pal of ours we approached him first to see if he fancied it :wink:

There is always the possibility of doing another but the price to do it (because of the amount of work involved properly modifying the stock loom etc.) and the compromises with must be made (which whilst suitable for a project such as Kevs won't appeal to people who still have their interior in place!) makes it very unlikely we will do one.

Safe to say Kev has a very unique and very fast 197 now, as I've said elsewhere it's the only road car I've driven that genuinely pulls like an X85 race car!

Cheers
Matt

Hello matey, agian, I would like to thank you for the immense work that you have carried out on this!! Been a toughy but its there... and performs bloody well on it to!

Really need some new tyres as 1st just spins up as soon as you stab the go pedal at any RPM (that'll be the broad torque curve)... damn cheap tyres lol!

Hello matey, agian, I would like to thank you for the immense work that you have carried out on this!! Been a toughy but its there... and performs bloody well on it to!

Really need some new tyres as 1st just spins up as soon as you stab the go pedal at any RPM (that'll be the broad torque curve)... damn cheap tyres lol!
your spent all this time and money on your car turning it into the EPIC machine it is now and you go put a set of cheap tyres on it lol

FAIL Mr Walker, sort yourself out boy :wink: