My Full Fat Mistress - 293bhp F4RT - The end of an era...

8.5?

I know it's got a fair few mods but I think it's a tough market. I thought Neil's would sell straight away but proving hard.

8.5?

I know it's got a fair few mods but I think it's a tough market. I thought Neil's would sell straight away but proving hard.

In that case i'll keep it lol.

In 2 minds about Neils tbh, great car but i thought 13k was a tad too high for an 09 plate conversion, I know its low millage but sometimes that presents problems in itself when a car isn't used.

Thing is, you never get back what you spend on it.

Willis' old Clio went for like 6grand on eBay. You'd be better off stripping it for parts imo and selling it standard.

Thing is, you never get back what you spend on it.

Willis' old Clio went for like 6grand on eBay. You'd be better off stripping it for parts imo and selling it standard.

I know what you're saying and id never expect to get back what i've spent on the car otherwise id be asking for 20k :wink:

In all honesty I can't be bothered taking stuff off to sell it. For what it costs in time and money to swap things over it's a bit pointless with some items.

Absolutely.

You're not the first person in this predicament just depends on how big this itch is you need to scratch.

I wouldn't be willing to loose that much money just to scratch an itch, there's nothing wrong with the car, enjoy it. :smile:

Not gonna be easy Mr F. I've been looking for 18months, the cars are just not out there when you start to look closely. Like others, many have sold the Clio and then spent the rest of the time comparing it and trying but failing to replace it. Its different if your changing cause of the running costs, need 4 doors or getting a company car etc..... The Clio ticks all the boxes for me. It generates interest where ever it goes, its as quick as most out there, the parts underneath mean it doesnt related to the mileage - engine, gearbox, suspension, brakes, exhaust all have less than 15k mileage.

Not sure many would have bought a 250, if their 200's was making the same power as the meg.

For me, I'm not spending 20k to replace a car thats worth 8.5k, when the 8.5k car might be older but probably is better...?? Most of the interesting stuff at 20k have moon miles on them anyway......

Last edited:
Not gonna be easy Mr F. I've been looking for 18months, the cars are just not out there when you start to look closely. Like others, many have sold the Clio and then spent the rest of the time comparing it and trying but failing to replace it. Its different if your changing cause of the running costs, need 4 doors or getting a company car. The Clio ticks all the boxes for me. It generates interest where ever it goes, its as quick as most out there, the parts underneath mean it doesnt related to the mileage - engine, gearbox, suspension, brakes, exhaust all have less than 15k mileage.

For me, I'm not spending 20k to replace a car thats worth 8.5k, when the 8.5k car might be older but probably is better...?? Most of the interesting stuff at 20k have moon miles on them anyway......

So right mate and its a horrible dilemma and as you point out my reason to change is not born out of a change of requirements or financial motives. Its all about getting bored and just wanting something else. Ive been looking at Lotuses and seen a very nice S1 Exige in very good condition but its not cheap and its 10 years older than my car. I do have that fear that after a month i'll want to be back in a Clio.

32c9c4a4-dceb-4ff6-b43b-c5f2ef4e54f6_zps7954b390.jpg

Last edited:
So right mate and its a horrible dilemma and as you point out my reason to change is not born out of a change of requirements or financial motives. Its all about getting borded and just wanting something else. Ive been looking at Lotuses and seen a very nice S1 Motorsport Elise in very good condition but its not cheap and its 10 years older than my car. I do have that fear that after a month i'll want to be back in a Clio.

I had a real romantic view thinking plough 8-9k into some older like an E39 M5 or B5 RS4, but anything below 12-15k and your waving your wallet away on running it. Love a B5 RS4 but I started to do my research, turbos go on them 4 grand and engine out, 2 grand for a gearbox.....
I like the 250 but I'd be paying 5 or 6 grand on top to buy something I already had in a different body and would be slower. All the interesting german stuff have moon miles on them. All the jap stuff still have a level of sigma attached to them for me, which includes most Ford and Vauxhall stuff. I really like the new Clio and ST but way too expensive for what they are, and although newer not sure 10k+ better than the Clio. Both will make great used bargains in a couple of years. My work college had a Elise, lasted 3 months, not a car you can use daily.

I'm gonna wait

I would not get bored of this!you could do some tweaks to it to!
32c9c4a4-dceb-4ff6-b43b-c5f2ef4e54f6_zps7954b390.jpg

Your car is very nice Angel but i know what you mean i feel like that at times but its still here:001_unsure:can you not have both?

Have you!? :smiley:

i was was just browsing eBay myself at the Elise's lol.

I have found an exige that was an n/a now supercharged for £20K

its a STUNNING example. Want the link? Lol

Last edited:
Have you!? :smiley:

i was was just browsing eBay myself at the Elise's lol.

I have found an exige that was an n/a now supercharged for £20K

its a STUNNING example. Want the link? Lol

the grey one???

I'm looking for a cheaper Elise as I want to mod it myself. I've been taking to someone about a S2 that needs new clams so we'll see where that goes.