My Full Fat Mistress - 293bhp F4RT - The end of an era...

Powder coated aluminium.. means a pair will be cheaper than what a single side is from Renault
That's not a bad idea, I might make myself some at work :O
Sorry to hear about your engine failing, hopefully the forge route works out! Glad to see you're not giving up on the old girl and going for something younger :001_rolleyes:

that's happened a few times at work on f4r 182 heads...

to be better protected from that you need 1 piece Inconel valves...

but 10/10 for effort!

that's happened a few times at work on f4r 182 heads...

to be better protected from that you need 1 piece Inconel valves...

but 10/10 for effort!

Inconel valves will be going in the forged build. Gonna see if the old block is ok then take it from there.

Had a trip up to RS Tuning today. The original plan was to fit some 630cc injectors and get a map to suit. Unfortunately we had a bit of clutch slip so it was decided to ditch the upgrade plan for the time being as wouldn't be able to get the map on with the clutch as it is.

On the initial run it hit 291.7 bhp. However, the std injectors were at 107% duty and the fuel pump at 114% so in the interests of keeping things safe a Stage 1 map was applied until I decide to either sick a meg box in it or replace the clutch in the Clio box.

I will also need to replace the fuel pump with something more sturdy and will probably go with the same one from shaky as Litchy has.

So for the moment the Mistress is now running a modest 258.1 bhp and 275lb torque. Tbh it doesn't feel any slower but does feel a lot smoother.

Just need to decide what I'm doing about the gearbox situation, the gearbox itself is ok just the clutch struggling with power. So I either get an R26 box with uprated clutch and single mass flywheel or continue with the clio box and get a diff.

Last edited:
Had a trip up to RS Tuning today. The original plan was to fit some 630cc injectors and get a map to suit. Unfortunately we had a bit of clutch slip so it was decided to ditch the upgrade plan for the time being as wouldn't be able to get the map on with the clutch as it is.

On the initial run it hit 291.7 bhp. However, the injectors were at 107% duty and the fuel pump at 114% so in the interests of keeping things safe a Stage 1 map was applied until I decide to either sick a meg box in it or replace the clutch in the Clio box.

I will also need to replace the fuel pump with something more sturdy and will probably go with the same one from shaky as Litchy has.

So for the moment the Mistress is now running a modest 258.1 bhp and 275lb torque. Tbh it doesn't feel any slower but does feel a lot smoother.

Just need to decide what I'm doing about the gearbox situation, the gearbox itself is ok just the clutch struggling with power. So I either get an R26 box with uprated clutch and single mass flywheel or continue with the clio box and get a diff.

surely your master mechanic would of spotted this when they took the engine out and put the new one in? and if you are gonna go stage 2 map then why do u need a new fuel pump? didnt think it was needed?

surely your master mechanic would of spotted this when they took the engine out and put the new one in? and if you are gonna go stage 2 map then why do u need a new fuel pump? didnt think it was needed?

My master mechanic might be able to work magic but unfortunately he is unable like the rest of us to look at an injector and say 'that's over duty that' likewise with the fuel pump. Hence why I was going to RST after having the new engine put in to ensure everything was ok.

With 2 engine failures it was the correct way of doing things.

The fuel pump issue is as Litchy has found in that these meg conversions are all using a Clio fuel pump which is not upto the job when going over certain power levels.

To be fair the old engine did 15k but tbh I don't want to kill another engine before I get the forged lump built.