Minor changes to For Sale section

There is something busy called Xmas, where i have been busy visiting family. Havent had chance to update them yet, as last night i was planning routes for my road trip. Forget it, really cant be arsed to edit them. Stupid rule, ruining an otherwise great forum.

Never known a forum like it to be honest. Every strict forum still enables you to edit your own threads. Either someone couldnt figure out how to do it, or like i said, wanted to create work for themselves. Or usually, a test area is setup, test users are asked to test a new feature, and then if it works. Its rolled out.

But then again, i work in Service Delivery/Change Management, where we cant even fart on a system at work without creating a system change request which has to be approved by a change advisory board.

Here was me thinking that actually contributing to the running costs of this forum with my £20 might actually have some say in the way it was run.

Last edited:
Sorry for ranting about it, but i still feel it is too restricting and just feels like the members are being treated like idiots.

Ive been using forums for 13 years now, and there has to be some give somewhere. Liek ive said, stopping replies and spam in classifieds threads is a good thing. I agree with it. But also let us modify our own classifieds adverts. We dont need to post in them to bump them, just a quick edit.

I'll have a look deako to see if rather than locking posts I'll see if the sale section can be made "create thread" only or something.

Got to agree with Deako on this one. Appreciate that it might be difficult to implement though

I'll have a look deako to see if rather than locking posts I'll see if the sale section can be made "create thread" only or something.

That would be better and it would save mods having to edit etc :smile:

Update

Problem now been solved.

Each time any post is made, it needs to be looked at and approved.

Therefore, the author can still edit his original post, and the thread no longer needs to be locked.

I hope this helps :smile:

Mike

Update

Problem now been solved.

Each time any post is made, it needs to be looked at and approved.

Therefore, the author can still edit his original post, and the thread no longer needs to be locked.

I hope this helps :smile:

Mike

Forget to log out of TestUser before posting Mike? :f1team07: