Minor changes to For Sale section

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
Just a little update on this.

When you post in the For Sale sections, your thread will be locked. This is to prevent spamming and bumping of threads!

If you wish to update the thread in any way, please PM one of the site staff and we will update accordingly (Platinum members should be able to unlock & lock their own threads & edit them)

Any questions, ask away :smile::smile::smile:

I see your logic, but I feel it is a bad idea.

It will work ok when the site is quiet, but as it gets busier and busier, Mods will be inundated with PM's. This is the reason it was never implemented over on CS.

Surely a "NO SPAM" rule in the forsale section would be easier to police?

I can't remember who or what triggered it, but it was one of the moderators that bought up the issue of spamming in FS threads!

I see your logic, but I feel it is a bad idea.

It will work ok when the site is quiet, but as it gets busier and busier, Mods will be inundated with PM's. This is the reason it was never implemented over on CS.

Surely a "NO SPAM" rule in the forsale section would be easier to police?

We'll see how this works out, experimenting :smile:

aye, as said, it can only be tried, and changed, if/when required. i've already stated my opinion :smile:

thanks again for the update, stu.

Just on the back of this can people who are using the For Sale section please remember to use the For Sale or Gauging Interest prefixes/titles when posting their items, as this will help prospective buyers contact the seller more appropriately.

Eventually we won't be able to post anywhere on this site without it being classed as spam and every thread will be locked!

Eventually we won't be able to post anywhere on this site without it being classed as spam and every thread will be locked!

errm i dont think so !

the forum has to be controlled to a certain extent and the for sale section is/was full of "its to expensive" "if only" etc etc

theres plenty of off topic posting in a lot of threads and funny quips so dont see the negativety....it aint that bad :thumbup1: