Minor changes to For Sale section

Personally I liked those kind of responses in my for sale threads. Adds interest to it and people always click on the hot for sale threads before the 0 reply ones.

However, I rarely sell anything anyway so it ain't gonna bother me much.

Other forums I go on insist all messages are kept on the for sale thread until a deal is done, means that if there are any problems everything is visible to Mods.

If everything is done over PM etc. then mods don't know what's going on when there's a problem trade

We dont know unless we try it, at the moment alot of time is spent cleaning up for sale threads in line with the rules, hopefully this will stop that and make the process simpler, if it doesnt we go back, if it does great :smile:

Welcome no replies. That's not a problem. Being completely unable to edit your thread once you have created it? Not very well thought through. Did anyone actually test this?

This is the test and it works on other forums... dont know if anything will work until you try it and comments good and bad are welcomed.

As Mike said, edits etc can be done by p'ming a mod, please give it a go and see if it works.

Every other forum I've been on that has disabled replies still allows you to edit your own thread. Mods have enough to do without a barrage of pms anytime you want a thread altering.

Or you dont have enough work to do, so are trying to create some? :wink:

Still think its pointless not allowing the thread creator to edit their own threads. All it will end up doing is making people create duplicate threads, cause they cant be arsed to PM a mod. Ive got threads that need editing now, but i cannot be bothered to sit down and explain what exactly needs doing to them. If i let a mod do it, it will get ****ed up, and it will be edited wrong.

Still think its pointless not allowing the thread creator to edit their own threads. All it will end up doing is making people create duplicate threads, cause they cant be arsed to PM a mod. Ive got threads that need editing now, but i cannot be bothered to sit down and explain what exactly needs doing to them. If i let a mod do it, it will get ****ed up, and it will be edited wrong.

in that case then just let us know which need "unlocking" - we do this - you edit it and then its locked again simples!

From when I used to admin a forum I'm pretty sure there's a simple setting somewhere that allows the thread creator to edit the original thread, should take 10 seconds to change

From when I used to admin a forum I'm pretty sure there's a simple setting somewhere that allows the thread creator to edit the original thread, should take 10 seconds to change

I have had a look:

Time limit (in minutes) to impose on editing of messages. After this time limit only moderators will be able edit or delete the message. 1 day is 1440 minutes.

Set the value to 0 to allow users to edit their posts indefinitely.

It is set to "0", so I am just going to try something with "TestUser" and will be back in a sec :wink:

Yeah its all about creating something for us to do as we have noting better to do :huh:

Duplicate threads will be deleted if created, its nice to know you dont think we are capable of editing a thread for you :worried:

Yeah its all about creating something for us to do as we have noting better to do :huh:

Duplicate threads will be deleted if created, its nice to know you dont think we are capable of editing a thread for you :worried:

i have opened the threads so they can be edited and pm the user !

but so far nothing been done...

Last edited: