Miltek are shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttt

havent posted for a lil while as iv been megga busy and havent driven the clio in about a month.

as some of you may know from my last thread my miltek zaust pretty much cracked in half after only about 20k miles on it :worried:

now i didnt fit it, but every1 i have spoken to thinks miltek will still replace it due to it being so new and stainless steel.

i rang miltek and got straight throught to the boss.... shocking :smile:

expalined what was going on etc and they told me to take it to one of there stock keepers...

i said where i lived and they gave me a postcode to a dealer of theres.

i was told that there dealer would take pictures of my car and send them to miltek and the replacement parts needed would be sent out and fitted foc!!!!

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

havent heard anything its been weeks.

so i rang them, this time couldnt get through to anyone but the sec.

so i emailed many times! only to be told to get lost basically!

its an issue i would have to pay to sort!

im really not happy! im now stuck in a postion where i dont know what to do. a company i supply is a stockest of miltek and offerd me to a full kit fitted for £400

or i can pay £50 to have it welded but i dont want to pay anything the item should be in guarentee but thats rubbish? anyone got any ideas?

dont worry if not i just wanted to let you all know how shiiiiiiiiiiii||||t miltek really are!!!!

I had no problems with my warranty claim.

I had both of my mufflers changed due to the crack in one of them. They said it was a faulty series.

i had a Milltek on my ST,

that cost me £1300 in total and i had to go back 3 times to pumaspeed in Leeds from Leicester because of a split manifold and leaks around the sports cat.

they sorted it foc in the end but it was a nightmare tbh.

would i have another Milltek zorst.

NO.

ive got a milltek system on mine, an it cant be any older than a year old, an i must admit, im not best pleased.
the two tailpipes sit wonky, so need them straightening up, an it seems to be blowing.
havent had chnace to have a look if its a crack or wot, but not good when you consider how much they cost.
hope u get it sorted mate, im sure you could get it welded up for cheaper than £50 tho

Keep calling and if they wont fix it, document everything and record all phone calls. TAKE TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT, or before that can always get trading standards involved.

Miltek have moved production abroad and quality has gone down hill, I had a full exhaust system made for my charged R32, Manifolds were actually ok but the £750 hi-flow cats melted and shot out the back and the rear silencer began to fall apart and rattle like an empty beer can, i tried to make a warranty claim but was warned my car could be off the road for weeks so had lots of bits made by another company instead,

Find another Dealer, where are you based?

take it to powerflow in aylesbury mate, they will sort you out! good lads down there!

keep phoning them and sending emails they will do it in the end
stick with it.why pay when you shouldnt have to

Are they Juan Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit? Is that plenty? :wink:

If you paid for it on the credit card, dispute the transaction. Credit Cards are amazing for that!

yeah if its within the warranty period claim the money back mate. let them fight ure corner

Lots of VXR owners on an Astra forum I use had issues with Milltek exhausts snapping in half. Most have swapped to Remus ones now, which says lots.

Lots of VXR owners on an Astra forum I use had issues with Milltek exhausts snapping in half. Most have swapped to Remus ones now, which says lots.

The Remus systems on the vxrs sound brilliant :smile:

I keep hearing lots of bad stuff about Miltek, I won't be fitting one of their systems to the 197 when the standard one rots

The Remus systems on the vxrs sound brilliant :smile:

I keep hearing lots of bad stuff about Miltek, I won't be fitting one of their systems to the 197 when the standard one rots

you'll be lucky - i think the standard system wont rot - got my old exhaust at the rear of the garage and its still like new :thumbsup:

i have had a look at a 197 with a miltek on and the centre silencer baffle broke - it was vibrating at high revs causing the knock sensor to limit engine revs and cause it to cut out - the guy had a replacement fitted and the car was fine

I think the Astra Remus is a bit too loud. The Milltek does sound better, but got binned by Vauxhall Performance Centres as the zorst of choice due to the reliability issues.

Hi mates. Now You've really made me sad..
I purchased a new Milltek Cat back System + Decat pipe 2 weeks ago. Happily or not, the system is still packed in a carton in my garage. And it has been waiting for its turn. I've not had time to have it installed yet and since I read that topic yesterday I am full of doubt. What next..?
Please, I 'd like to read a sensible advise.
Should I try to sell that system immediately even with some loss as long as it's new and even unpacked ? Is it really so bad with Milltek ? I don't fell like loosing time and energy to have it installed in order to be convinced that it was waste of time and money..
Or should I 'risk' ? :001_unsure:
My expectations were to improve exhaust noise a little but equally important not to worsen hp curve or NM..
I was planning to install just the Cat back, without decat pipe..
Does it make any sense ? What does actually?:001_rolleyes:

I had a miltek cat back plus decat for 3 to 4 months none of the problems mentioned above. The sound was awesome and I had the engine mapped to suit the decat so I had very little flat spot.

I changed back to standard exhaust because I was doing high motorway mileage and the sound was unbearable on motorway as in droney. Ended up selling on eBay after about 2 months of listing for £230 a loss off £200 +

Is it not possible to send it back to miltek and say u changed ure mind?

I had a Milltek on my Golf VR6, which had a wonky oval tailpipe and droned like hell between 2500-3500rpm under load. I ended up taking it back to the factory in Derby where they made a third resonator box to sort out the problem. It didnt sort out the problem, and they said there was nothing else they could do. Wouldnt go there again personally.

Hi mates. Now You've really made me sad..
I purchased a new Milltek Cat back System + Decat pipe 2 weeks ago. Happily or not, the system is still packed in a carton in my garage. And it has been waiting for its turn. I've not had time to have it installed yet and since I read that topic yesterday I am full of doubt. What next..?
Please, I 'd like to read a sensible advise.
Should I try to sell that system immediately even with some loss as long as it's new and even unpacked ? Is it really so bad with Milltek ? I don't fell like loosing time and energy to have it installed in order to be convinced that it was waste of time and money..
Or should I 'risk' ? :001_unsure:
My expectations were to improve exhaust noise a little but equally important not to worsen hp curve or NM..
I was planning to install just the Cat back, without decat pipe..
Does it make any sense ? What does actually?:001_rolleyes:

well you have it now so............i would fit the dam thing but just be mindful of the possible faults with it !