Megane 250 or R26.R

As most will know i'm trading the 197 in for a Megane 250. However someone did pose a very good question, why buy a 250 on finance when you can get a low mileage R26.R for 5k less?

What'd you all go for? On one hand the 250 is comfy, refined and usable everyday, plus quicker.

On the other hand the R26.R is... well that needs no introduction lol. :wink:

Opinions please.

No brainer for me 250 you did say a more grown up car
And it looks better my opinion

Now theres a question Ben,

The 250 is refined, if it was a bird you could take it home to meet your mother and she would approve, the R26R on the other hand is a stripper from peppermint hippo, shes quick, shes dirty, shes got a funny rear end but boy does she go..

Now theres a question Ben,

The 250 is refined, if it was a bird you could take it home to meet your mother and she would approve, the R26R on the other hand is a stripper from peppermint hippo, shes quick, shes dirty, shes got a funny rear end but boy does she go..

My god I'm marrying the 26r after that description lol

My god I'm marrying the 26r after that description lol

Lets hope shes not a regular on 197.net lol :tongueout:

Anyway as my research has proved, the 265 is faster around the Ring on std road tyres than the R26.r on R888s!

The only question is which colour 250? Red, yellow or grey???

Seen them all and the grey is absolute gorgeous would be the only colour I'd have

Get an R26.R in my oppinion it looks better and there very rare i'm still yet to see one on the road. Get the R mapped and blow the trophy into the weeds lol. I got my R26 mapped today at K-tec and ended up with 270BHP and 290Ib ft.

Get an R26.R in my oppinion it looks better and there very rare i'm still yet to see one on the road. Get the R mapped and blow the trophy into the weeds lol. I got my R26 mapped today at K-tec and ended up with 270BHP and 290Ib ft.

Map alone gets the 250 to 300 mark and thats before intercooler and exhaust upgrades, at which point 320 has been seen. Plus its common knowledge all 250s run more than the advertised 250bhp, most dyno around 260+ mark. :smile:

Go for the 250, you said you want a more grown up car, or just get a BMW or something lol.

Go for either yellow or grey too.

250, fallen for them now. But please, please, I beg you, don't get the Halfords 19" wheels, they are the worst performance car wheel designs I have ever seen and make me want to vomet. Sorry if people like them, but that's MO obviously.