Megane 250 Conversion Couple of Questions

Phenom

Paid Member
my 200 needs a new engine, which means i have changed my mind about the future it.
as i was planning to go the supercharger route because i liked the idea of the rev happy n/a lump spitting out a few more ponies but it sort of blows the budget to also include a engine rebuild/replacement so I am pondering on doing a megane 250 swap.

is this still as easy as people were making it out to be to swap a 225 in?
looking through this https://www.clio197.net/threads/rough-guide-megane-225-230-engine-conversion.19912/ thread i've got a spreadsheet and prices for whats needed, is there anything extra or that can be missed off when doing a 250 conversion?
if you get a 250 cup you get a LSD checked in, but just a standard 250 does not, is there a difference in part numbers for the gearboxes that come from a cup 250 instead of a standard 250? as if i can make sure to get one with LSD should save me some pennies.
also is there any drastic differences between the gearbox from the 225/R26 compared to the 250?

IIRC you have to use a box from a 225 as the 250 box won't fit. IMO you'd be better off getting a standard 225 box and getting an aftermarket LSD fitted, even more so if you plan on tuning the engine.

Reactions: Phenom
yeah im sure a 250 box doesnt fit..the engine can be used but no box..you can get an R26 box LSD built in...

Reactions: Phenom
yeah im sure a 250 box doesnt fit..the engine can be used but no box..you can get an R26 box LSD built in...
just to be sure, the 225 box can just be bolted onto the 250 engine? or are any adaptors needed?