Make me sick

Roy

clio197.net legend
Spoke to a old friend today not seen him for years.to cut a long story short he was saying he had a accident a couple of months ago hit from behind in his mrs car both sustained whiplash (not) he went on to tell me.insurance have offered them both 2 grand but the ****es are holding out for 3000 each.no wonder we paying so much,wish I could grass him up tosser

That's sh!t mate, hope you gave him a stern look.

Funnily enough, on the subject, we've had this at work this last month;

Women (50-55) driving (no passengers) an M reg Passat estate in front of us (Scania 32Tonne'r) in moderate traffic at about 10MPH. No brake lights, just high-level light working. My dads driving the truck and I point out that she has no brake lights so keep some distance back... We're approaching some traffic lights (on green, junction ahead is clear), she SLAMS the brakes on. Dad slams on, truck stops about 2" from the back of the car but the front bumper of the truck dips so hard on the brakes that it hits the floor and makes a bang...

Woman jumps out of the car, staggering around. I get out and see if she's ok, knowing we haven't hit her and thinking maybe we've given her a fright. I tell her to pull around the corner and we'll make sure she's ok, you know, being a gentlemen and all. She gets back in the car and just drives off down a side road, never to be seen again. Until...

Four days later and the boss asks us if we've had a bump and if so why we haven't reported it. We tell him we had a close call, but definately not a bump. He pulls the CCTV from the truck, watches the whole thing and it's clear we didn't make contact but it was CLOSE. And, the Passat already had accident damage on the rear. He tells us not to worry about it. Two more days pass and work recieves a claim stating that ALL SIX (so, that's one more than the car can legally carry anyway) people in the car have whiplash and the boot flood has been bent, writing the car off.

Needless to say, her insurance company were very apologetic when we sent them the video. :smiley:

The cheek of it. Whatever happened to being honest!?!

Last edited:
I blame the ''No Win No Fee'' mercenaries, they're just making the dishonest amongst us greedy.

They make insurance premiums up as they go along, I'm convinced.

That's sh!t mate, hope you gave him a stern look.

Funnily enough, on the subject, we've had this at work this last month;

Women (50-55) driving (no passengers) an M reg Passat estate in front of us (Scania 32Tonne'r) in moderate traffic at about 10MPH. No brake lights, just high-level light working. My dads driving the truck and I point out that she has no brake lights so keep some distance back... We're approaching some traffic lights (on green, junction ahead is clear), she SLAMS the brakes on. Dad slams on, truck stops about 2" from the back of the car but the front bumper of the truck dips so hard on the brakes that it hits the floor and makes a bang...

Woman jumps out of the car, staggering around. I get out and see if she's ok, knowing we haven't hit her and thinking maybe we've given her a fright. I tell her to pull around the corner and we'll make sure she's ok, you know, being a gentlemen and all. She gets back in the car and just drives off down a side road, never to be seen again. Until...

Four days later and the boss asks us if we've had a bump and if so why we haven't reported it. We tell him we had a close call, but definately not a bump. He pulls the CCTV from the truck, watches the whole thing and it's clear we didn't make contact but it was CLOSE. And, the Passat already had accident damage on the rear. He tells us not to worry about it. Two more days pass and work recieves a claim stating that ALL SIX (so, that's one more than the car can legally carry anyway) people in the car have whiplash and the boot flood has been bent, writing the car off.

Needless to say, her insurance company were very apologetic when we sent them the video. :smiley:

The cheek of it. Whatever happened to being honest!?!

Good on ya!

And yer no win no fee is defo partly to blame!

Yeah it's all just becoming more American lol.
All this where there's blame there's a claim rubbish.
As with a lot of things the honest majority (well I hope it's still the majority) suffer whilst the "other" people benefit.

in regards to the chunt in the passat, this woman should be fined or jailed. Surely insurance fraud. :bored: Claiming compensation for an accident that never occured?? :thumbdown: FINED!!!

If i were the prime minister .... this country would be alot different. But thats a story for another day.

I don't understand how some of these claims for money even get entertained unless they can prove loss of earnings in some way?
I presume that people get priced up on the number of bruises or stubbed toes they suffered.....

Personally I would be tempted to offer to give them some proper time off work.

Its got so bad in Northern Ireland as soon as there is a crash the insurance companies automatically send out a claim form even if there was no injuries at the time. People are scum but the insurance companies have to play a part too! The good old "we're getting to many claims so we're gonna charge more" etc can only go on so long. I bet the claim companies are in bed with the insurance industry..

in regards to the chunt in the passat, this woman should be fined or jailed. Surely insurance fraud. :bored: Claiming compensation for an accident that never occured?? :thumbdown: FINED!!!

I totally agree! These people have nothing to lose by attempting to pull this kind of stunt. They should be personally fined for every penny they were attempting to claim, and that should go into the insurance pot for people hit my uninsured drivers.

I totally agree! These people have nothing to lose by attempting to pull this kind of stunt. They should be personally fined for every penny they were attempting to claim, and that should go into the insurance pot for people hit my uninsured drivers.

I like this idea!!! :smile:

The sad thing is, if we didn't have CCTV then it'd have been her word with an accident damaged car, agaist ours. And truck drivers are ALWAYS to blame when there's a bump. It's such a sh!t state of affairs, I'm contemplating getting the same system we use in our truck fitted to the 197, it wouldn't cost much and the cameras are so small... Plus, they're HD so they'd double up nicely as trackday cameras hahaha!!!

Last edited:
Annoys me so much!!
I got whiplash last year and i was off work for 2 weeks, I claimed because I didn't get paid from work so needed to make up for what I lost.
Can't believe people get like 3grand when they are fine, I got 1500 and I was in agony, going to physio twice a week, plus my neck still ain't right now, I also had bruising all over my back! Plus mine wasn't just a "bump" I was driving at 30 then smash woman wipes me out and flings me 50 yards down the road!

I got hit from behind in the work van. Wasn't very fast, but my god it hit hard. I actually felt really very strange after it happened, I was shaking badly and had to have 5 mins. God knows what I'd be like if I was ever in a bad accident. There was a lot of damage, but behind the bumper on the van there was more than originally though. I went to work after and by lunch time my neck and the top of my back were feeling worse for wear. I went on light duties, took some pain killers and didn't play badminton or ride my bike for 4 weeks. I'm not saying I was in agonny, but I actually had some pain and inconveinience from the accident. I claimed and got £1250. Which ironically, paid off my car insurance! Lol!

The guy in the car who hit me was obviously on his phone or his attention was somewhere else. He had been sat behind me at the traffic lights, then as I set off, at about 10 mph, ploughed into the back off me. He deserved to have his insurance go up, he should have been consentraiting on driving. But then again, it has probably not helped with the cost of my insurance for the following year!

I guess what I am saying is that there are people who falsely claim and those that are genuine. It's just a shame that people take advantage. I can see it getting to a stage where things get really out of hand with it all and they stop it completely.

You don't mind when it's genuine but when they tell you nothing happened you just want to smack them

Theres pics of my car in my progress blog, she hit me that hard my seat ripped off the floor and snapped the back rest!

Ye, I saw your pics in your progresss thread mate, that was a bad one. My van only had about £1k worth of damage and was drivable.