Getting sick of people slagging french cars!

Stephenvenning

Gold Member
I was on that splitter scuffers facebook page the other day and jeeze the hate towards french cars is unreal. Im getting real sick of it. There is a reason i didnt buy some boring german car like a bmw, cos every knob head has got one :whatever:

Makes my blood boil and makes me realise why i left the car scene a while back for motorbikes!

Leave em to it

Splitter scuffers is full of pompous jebends

Every post is a pissing contest

"french" or renault?

I've driven competitors before buying what i have and chose to buy what i chose buy but mainly i choose not to knock the other cars.

I find there is some hate towards French cars. But I find there is a lot of respect for RenaultSport as a brand.
People I find tend to turn their nose up when you say you dive a Clio, but then give respect when it is a ReanultSport one.

But then isn't it all similar to the greef everyone gives corsa drivers? Lol

even had the same **** at the track day at cadwell

" its normally something french that ends up in the barrier"

Lol pmsl I know one of the lads who started that on fb it was meant as a p take on anything , not just French , it then started to get out of hand a bit tbh and they were going to close it down , but different people then took it over . Don't matter what u drive in my opinion , I look at it this way , I'm very well known in the Subaru circle , on ms 22b scooby net etc etc , when I bought my Clio I was ripped rotten , but and yes a big but 4 people I know well have all went and bought a Clio as a track car , as they were gob smacked at the performance handling etc of my Clio , and they all say pound for pound one of the best fun cars they have owned . One of them ran a evo 9 in time attack went and got a 172 ph2 and says its the most fun car he has ever owned !! I don't get slagged now as some of the track days I've done I've been in the say top 4 with another 15 to 20 scoobs evos there , nothing like beating a 450 bhp Scoob in my 165 bhp Clio !! Soon shuts people up !! Sod the haters I love my little French crap box lol !!

Last edited:
Going through the bends at Caldwell is a fav ace to bin it for a hot hatch , that ain't the cars fault normally the driver who gives it too much !!

ive been on splitter scuffers for a while now and the general consensus is that any car you put on there someone will always find something wrong with it. some guy puts a picture up of his ferrari next thing you know someone has gone through his facebook and found his first ever car was a micra and says it is impossible to have a ferrari now or his mummy and daddy have payed for it .i do not think i have seen many cars now that people have no ridiculed. everyone hates each other and that page just leave them to it :clap: ps going to a clio sport was the best decision i have made :smile:

I think its reputation from the past and Id say 70% of the bad comments are from folk over 30 meaning in there younger days the cars to have where fords, im not a fan of fords for the fact that there reputation for decent cars is a 90s thing imo,(bar the latest fiesta and focus) theyve made 1 half decent performance car in the past ten years phase 1 frs anything else hasnt been anything standout, the hot hatches of my generation have been renaults thats why I would voice my opinion to say there great cars

The moment you said 'Splitter Scruffers' I knew it would be some hate fueled by a spotty 12 year old wanking over his computer

I'm actually banned from that group.

Apparently saying someone's girlfriend has "kids tits" on there when they throw some abuse at you is too much.

I'm actually banned from that group.

Apparently saying someone's girlfriend has "kids tits" on there when they throw some abuse at you is too much.

LOL! The page makes me cringe, basically if you don't have a ****ty polo or lupo you don't know anything about cars, please :lol: