LY200 - too loud or blow up again, taking bets!

Those bells look awesome, Rich. Be sure to post a pic when fitted, I would like to see how they look against LY.

Decat built and centre silencer installed.
Usefully quieter now (but still not shy!) and it drones more than ideal but much better overall and the general quality of the noise now much improved. Seems to hide the noise quite well until you go full chat, so static track day testing I doubt will be an issue, hopefully the driveby levels will be ok too.

Might be placebo but feels a bit zippier up top, whilst low and mid range feels like it needs the fueling adjusting as its a tiny bit boggy/surgey.
Ideally I would back to back the decat and sports cat, but tbh I think I might just get it all setup with the decat as I think its the better choice. Unless who ever does it would only change a few pounds to swap over a couple of times.

That's just how mine feels too, from 5500 it's pretty nuts, but around 3k it bogs down and misfires big style.

Another RR booked again at Surrey Rolling Road this Sat. This will be to see if the decat and centre silencer has made any change? Also I will be putting the OE airbox on and testing the change. I already know my custom ITG is holding it back.
All this is in aid of giving me a new baseline for going to RS Tuning with.

Work agreed with RST is to time the cams properly (setting lift at TDC etc) using the catcams tool and then an expert full custom mapping. I will be trying the OE airbox vs my V6 based custom setup (not yet built), and I also hope to try a before and after on a ported inlet if it's not too much effort to swap. - My assumption is not because it's about 6 forward facing easy access bolts?

Pretty much should have the info then for choosing the best components to have the final setup mapped against.
Delay now is just on trying to get hold of the V6 inlet pipe really, proving a bit of a nightmare!

Cheers fellas, but results won't be smile worthy until the cams have been timed properly and then subsequently mapped (about a month away still for that I think - gotta sort inlet manifold and filter out beforehand).
I'm expecting it'll do somewhere around 170@wheels/200@fly though on Saturday. Small mercies I guess at this stage!

Catcams apparently have a customer with 403's and high comps doing 230bhp. I'm investigating to find out more details around the rest of the engine spec, I do know it's still on the standard inlet setup though. So unless it's had a ton of headwork then it goes someway to proving I'm not mental!

No this is a kit I've developed.

SPA dual digital oil temp/pressure gauge
Modified spare vent housing the gauge
MIH billet alloy oil sandwich plate (2 x 1/8NPT & 2 x 1/2BSP)
All fitments anodised alloy:
Oil temp sensor screws into plate direct (either in one of the 1/8NPT cores or as pictured the main 1/2BSP male to 1/8NTP female plugs)
Oil pressure sensor is remote mounted. (as pictured I'm using the other 1/2BSP plugs, with a 1/8NPT to -4 adapter. Then using -4 JIC with -4 braided hose. On the other end -4 JIC back to 1/8NPT)
Anodised P clips for hose and wiring.

Probably about £250 at a guess, some of the bits I've owned for a while and never used on my old ITB 106 Rallye project.

Car is going backwards..........!

So a decat and a centre silencer has lost me 10bhp...... I think not........ personally, I think the ECU has been poorly mapped and it is slowly unmapping itself. It's over fueling like a **** and misfiring again.

IMAG0318-1920x1425.jpg

AFR:

IMAG0317-1920x1425.jpg

Last edited:
I lost 7bhp with Miltek sport cat and catback when I installed it onto the stock Clio. Went from 186bhp to 179bhp.
After the remap it went to 190bhp.

Thanks Raptor, interesting. I want a standalone ECU so badly it hurts!! I've read about these things unmapping themselves before.

Getting the car to RST can not come soon enough. I have such little faith in the car producing the numbers though, I am sick of the sight of it.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cliosport-carl Spotted 0
Zeezal Projects/Progress Threads 7
tkoh12 Clios For Sale 0
CL10 PAZ Spotted 0
tkoh12 Spotted 0