LY200 - too loud or blow up again, taking bets!

Who's mapped it??

that afr looks awful!!!

RS tuning will sort it out, they always seem to do a good job with most clios. Mine was great last time had the last one mapped, that's why going back again

If i may ask what should the afr graph look like? A straight line across 14.7?
Probably be around 13.5 for typical NA engine. Boosted cars run a bit richer to aid cooling the charge, but what mines running is a joke. Could risk bore wash.

Well, I've asked for cam timing info and an explanation from them/catcams. As yet nothing (4,5 weeks maybe now).
After today's evidence that seems to point to the ECU unmapping itself, I've requested to know what they will do about it.

Thing is though, there is no question that I want RST to do the mapping. I've spoken to Paul and we have sorted that he the tools and knowledge to take on the work that's left/needed to be done. Once I've got the air filter sorted I will book it in with RST.
If he can't resolve it then there must be something fundamentally wrong with the build.

I have no confidence in ED being able to do the final work. As let's be honest, they have failed by a massive margin thus far.
Why was the cam timing not done properly first time, and the ECU is done part in house part by henk at fastchips.

Think need find a new mapper or go for some mapping lessions if mapped it like that.

Unless ss have a underlining problem?

Last edited:
Its Piss poor that you're having to fork out of your own pocket to get it mapped properly.

Granted, if you've altered the build and added after that would require remapping then fair enough but wasn't up to speed from the off.

For the money you paid, you seem surprisingly calm about it.

Think need find a new mapper or go for some mapping lessions if mapped it like that.

Unless ss have a underlining problem?
That's the concern, proof will be once timed and mapped though. Mapping skills (or lack of) is a completely different skill set to engine building. No point worrying about the build itself just yet or I'll cry!!

Its Piss poor that you're having to fork out of your own pocket to get it mapped properly.

Granted, if you've altered the build and added after that would require remapping then fair enough but wasn't up to speed from the off.

For the money you paid, you seem surprisingly calm about it.

Yeah it's not cheap to take elsewhere, it's about £750 with RST to re-time the cams and full remap.

I'll wait and see what they say on Monday. I guess I could probably get them to re-time the cams and have another crack at mapping. But I know I'll just take it to RST anyway after!!!
I guess if the cams were at least re-timed by them that would save me a few hundred. BUT, I don't trust them to do it right frankly - otherwise they would have done it right first time.
Paul at RST has the proper Catcams tool, he himself runs a Meg with solid lifters etc and times his car up using lift at TDC etc. It's a no brainer that RST need the car.
Perhaps I need to get them to pay towards the work at RST? I don't see that happening personally though. But considering they are a recent forum sponsor advertising these engine builds here...! lol

Got 40bhp to find now though!!

Suppouse soon find out....

Id be pig sick if was me, are this company even on here?

Yeah recently on the forum.

Sick, starting to feel it. Realising the M3 option would have been the better choice and now not enough money for an E92 :worried:

Could maybe get a new GT86/BRZ, but too slow like the Clio so I'd be back at square one tuning it!! lol
Prefer NA cars so choice is limited. Don't really want 2 cars either. So something like a 370Z/Cayman as second car and something **** for the everyday car won't work.

Just good money after bad with the Clio though :swear::':smile:angry:

I don't like boost though, if I was happy to boost then lots of better options like 135i.

I'll wait and see what they say Monday before I get critical or heavy handed, until they have a chance to respond it's not fair to tarnish their rep - Well, with words that is. I think the graphs probably do that already! but graphs are quantifiable evidence and I'll leave it up to everyone to form their own opinions on them.

You're exactly where I was last year when everything was going wrong with my build and you're stuck between and a rock and a hard place. If you don't get it sorted soon, you'll probably end up just getting sick of the car and end up wanting to sell it.

Sometimes it's not even worth trying to do something on these cars.

If you don't get it sorted soon, you'll probably end up just getting sick of the car and end up wanting to sell it.

Yeah I am already in that place now, sick of it!

It wasn't so bad when I knew I just had cam timing and mapping to sort. But having gone backwards on power is a real kick in the nuts! Gotta be the ECU - but now in the back of mind "what if".....

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cliosport-carl Spotted 0
Zeezal Projects/Progress Threads 7
tkoh12 Clios For Sale 0
CL10 PAZ Spotted 0
tkoh12 Spotted 0