LY200 - too loud or blow up again, taking bets!

I'm 40bhp down at the moment though mate not 20, it's running 185 whereas it should be ~225. I'll be about 185/ton once done , the recaros, light battery , insane amounts saved through the exhaust manifold (wish I weighed it) and rest of the exhaust system lighter too. Def at least 30kg out the car.
not going to be over 200 like the Pug, but it'll be night and day compared to the **** it is now!
I'm aiming for the same figure (180-185bhp).

It's at ~170bhp/t now and it's pretty fast.

And it's day and night compared to stock.

I'm aiming for the same figure (180-185bhp).

It's at ~170bhp/t now and it's pretty fast.

And it's day and night compared to stock.
Anymore would require stripping the car or going more bonkers on the engine, I don't want a stripped car so engine it would be. Would need at least 240bhp for 200/ton, so that's solid lifters, meaty cams and head work. Probably another 2.5k with mapping. - but on present success rates that for me would equate to say about -3bhp, lmao!

I'm still hurting from spending 2 grand on Cams when it was NA. When the guy on here ploughed 20 grand plus for 225 Bhp, the 2 grand for 215bhp on RST dollars looked like a bargain!!

Sorry to say but I'm pretty sure you've spent more than me now!

Ha yeah I guess! But does't bother me, I'd rather have 220-230 via NA than more via boost, IMO small fwd hatches are about high revving 4 pots. - But there is no doubt I should have bought an FN2 :worried: I felt like it was sideways move and of course the Clio looks way cooler, but even so! Would have at least 250bhp and 9000rpm on the money I've spent :worried:

When's it going rS tuning?

Booked today, 21st for timing the cams then Paul is back in on the 22nd for mapping it :smiley: 2 weeks!!!

Paul thinks it could be possible the timing has slipped, due to the fueling AFR's and the misfiring thats happening. They have had it before on catcams and he did say they did something to stop it when they do them.

I'm still hurting from spending 2 grand on Cams when it was NA. When the guy on here ploughed 20 grand plus for 225 Bhp, the 2 grand for 215bhp on RST dollars looked like a bargain!!

Who spent that, because 20k would get you a forged build with 250 crank, big valve head and solid lifter engine capable of a proper 250+. Either someones talking guff or he got mugged off big time? 225bhp Should be achiveable with my spec, though my minimum/sell the piece of **** target is 220.

Well I've decided to order the 3 induction hoses of Exon, pretty much residing to now expecting to be using the standard airbox now with panel filter and smoother silicone pipe.
Still no sign of this bloody V6 inlet hose, they're like ****ing unicorns it seems. So it might have to go on the back burner and I'll just have to do a before/after at SRR after it's been to RST in a couple of weeks. I need at least something half decent for RST and I don't think the standard airbox is actually all that bad.

The other option is a Ktec kit, but I'm not sure????

Would be loads of money to have made wouldn't it? I also wouldn't know where to go.

I pretty much want the car to fail now anyway, I hate it. I want a Mustang!!!!

Maybe, I just can't hack the stress of it anymore. **** like this around the induction is just crap, I mean there could be 5bhp in the V6 airbox but it's not well proven really. RST tested the V6 box and found no extra power, they have also tested matched inlets and bigger TB's, again no more power.

But it'll always bug me not knowing I'm getting everything I can out the induction. If it wasn't for the fact the Cup Racers/R3 change to the V6 box I wouldn't care - I just can't help but think they must do it for a reason??

KTR induction kit will be fine for the road and fast road. V6 would probably be better for the track when the underbonnet temps are at their maximum.

It's great the whole gains debate, everything sounds so fesible on paper but in reality it often means something else. Often it's the anomalies that aren't factor in that can push the price up. For example, mapping. I've had £500+ of mapping that I never factored in and the labour costs in general. The other that people forget is the trial and error costs when things don't work out, development and fabrication costs can be crazy too.

KTR induction kit will be fine for the road and fast road. V6 would probably be better for the track when the underbonnet temps are at their maximum.

I typically don't buy into this though, once you are moving the airflow over an engine is considerable and I've seen various tests conducted to monitor inlet temps. Heat soak only occurs whilst sitting and the temps drop very soon after. I've had ITB's on another car stuffed at the back of the engine bay because the inlet faced the bulkhead and never suffered heat soak, ever.

I've paid for the hoses now for the standard airbox, matt black so will look uber stealth!
I hope the V6 one will arrive in time but I'm not holding my breath and neither am I prepaired to delay mapping any longer -I've been trying to get hold of one now for 1 & 1/2 months!

Rich I've got a great idea mate. Your car will produce 220bhp after it's finished from RST with right timing and mapping but you will be too pissed off with it anyway because you now want a V8 so you'll decide to sell. Then I'll come around, we'll swap the engines, cash your way (not much mind you),then you sell your cammed and inlet matched car and boom, job is a good one!!! :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cliosport-carl Spotted 0
Zeezal Projects/Progress Threads 7
tkoh12 Clios For Sale 0
CL10 PAZ Spotted 0
tkoh12 Spotted 0