LY200 - too loud or blow up again, taking bets!

Yep Neil Roper is on the list, as too are ALD. The mk2 boys use ALD a lot, Neil I know of his work through a couple of guys that speak highly of him. So true about the webiste thing lol and yes ex F1 but not sure in what capacity.

I know where Paul's head has been done and what was done, but as his is a competition engine I won't say anything on a public forum. At the moment he is currently waiting for flow data back as it's being digested right now for cam selection. However it was more than I want to pay for a head mind.

I've been having a couple of emails with Pure though, their plans for this engine are comprehensive to say the least. Trouble is they are not starting the F4R 830 dev work until the 730 stuff is done, so be waiting a fair while I think but undoubtedly good stuff will result.

I'm in no rush mind, I guess I might just have to start using the car this year and not keep fart arsing around with it perhaps!!!

Been after one of these for ages, the Renault Sport gear knob but with the words rather than the "RS" logo.... found a brand new one for sale so rude not to.
IMG_0053-750x410.jpg

Also selling the spare engine now I've decided to stick with OE sized valves in the head job. They'll be a for sale thread v.soon - seems the sale threads are now awaiting moderation before posting.

"Clio 200 engine, removed from a Megane converted 200, the engine has only done 21,000 miles. I was going to strip the engine to use the head for a big valve port job, but as I am now staying with OE valve sizes I will just port my head as it has Supertech valves already in it. Therefore makes sense to sell this engine as a whole lot. Includes the inlet, TB, various sensors etc – everything that’s on it in the pics.
£800, will do pallet delivery for cost."

IMG_0047-300x225.jpgIMG_0048-300x225.jpg
IMG_0049-300x225.jpgIMG_0050-300x225.jpg

We're pretty fast at moderating them Rich :smile:

Will clear out some garage space :wink: once you get rid of them seats also!!

Thanks for meeting up with me and taking me for a spin. At least now I know what I am doing after speaking with you and Paul. Thanks again.

Chris

We're pretty fast at moderating them Rich :smile:

Will clear out some garage space :wink: once you get rid of them seats also!!

well it's at Tech1 so not having to store this which makes a change, but those seats.......haha, well so long has past now I'm not bothered about getting the money out of them to cover the CS's, BUT, yes mate the space would be hugely welcomed indeed if they went!! Just listed my 595 RSR tyres on eBay too - 12 tyres was a bit extravagant and is cluttering the shed!!!

Thanks for meeting up with me and taking me for a spin. At least now I know what I am doing after speaking with you and Paul. Thanks again.

Chris

No worries dude :thumbup:

I've read every post in this tread and I have to say it's one of the best projects so far on this forum. Sorry to hear about your bad luck with cams,intake,stock ecu...I hope you will find few more horses in there. Good luck :smile:

Thanks, yeah there is more lurking in there and with the ECU done it won't ever be an issue keeping hold of them either!!

Today I had it confirmed my car would be classed in the Club class of Time Attack and not Clubman... so I might have to crack on with the next round of mods as otherwise I'll not stand a chance. Annoyingly it falls fowl of the don't touch the internals rule with the engine. Also to compete in Club you need.......proper buckets!! Mine are actually currently for sale on eBay, doh! But given the ballache with subframes for Recaro I'm going to carry on with the sale and more than likely just buy a Sablet Cup Racer seat and sidemounts later in the year because that should just f'ing work!

Thanks, yeah there is more lurking in there and with the ECU done it won't ever be an issue keeping hold of them either!!

Today I had it confirmed my car would be classed in the Club class of Time Attack and not Clubman... so I might have to crack on with the next round of mods as otherwise I'll not stand a chance. Annoyingly it falls fowl of the don't touch the internals rule with the engine. Also to compete in Club you need.......proper buckets!! Mine are actually currently for sale on eBay, doh! But given the ballache with subframes for Recaro I'm going to carry on with the sale and more than likely just buy a Sablet Cup Racer seat and sidemounts later in the year because that should just f'ing work!
how big are You? I have Clio Cup racer Sabelt seat in M size. Bought as new at December 2014 (FIA 2019), just sat in it few times, not driven it as my car is still being built. I could sell it with a nice discount (around 330Euro + shipping from Poland) as its a bit to small for me in hips, have to buy bigger one :worried:

[MENTION=4111]jacool[/MENTION]

Haha well I'm a couple of stone heavier than I was this time last year! But I'm back on the road to fixing that....again! So assume I'll be roughly 85kg, 33/34inch waist. I fit the Recaro Apex I have and they are fairly small.

Very interested in it though, is it the Sabelt 'Taurus' seat with Renaultsport branding? Any idea what shipping cost would be? :smile:

@jacool

Haha well I'm a couple of stone heavier than I was this time last year! But I'm back on the road to fixing that....again! So assume I'll be roughly 85kg, 33/34inch waist. I fit the Recaro Apex I have and they are fairly small.

Very interested in it though, is it the Sabelt 'Taurus' seat with Renaultsport branding? Any idea what shipping cost would be? :smile:
Yep
attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm 85kg myself, 180cm but relatively wide hips hence fitement issue.
as for shipping, have no idea, i guess no more than 30Euro (I paid that for shipping from Netherlands to PL)
I will be selling it in month or two maybe more, If I'll get my car back and bigger seat from Ranault (last time I've been waiting for 2 months for my order to be executed) so no rush :wink:

Cool, Madeno Racing have now got subframes for my Recaros too!! Wish I knew that before putting them on eBay!

cheers

Sold the engine and Recaro buckets so some trackday prep for Bedford on the 27th.

2 new AD08R's and track wheels off for a refurb (same as road wheels, Satin Black). Quite amazing how big the Clio can be at times!
IMAG0561-300x223.jpg

Renewing the fluid with some more RBF600 and thought I might as well get some KTR/HEL braided lines:
IMAG0564-300x223.jpg

Momo Model 08 (OMP hub should arrive tomorrow):
IMAG0563-300x223.jpg

Also paid now for my Madeno lowered seat frame, should be being assembled this week so really hoping to have that fitted in time! :smile:
Recaro-frame_kit.jpg

Does the Madeno frame result in loss of height adjustment?

The Mrs' is a midget (No actual lol) so needs to be able to "pump" the seat up.

Yeah height adjustment is removed. Puts the seat roughly 4cm lower than it's otherwise lowest setting.
All the tilt, slide and rake adjustment is still intact.

£420 delivered with vat and a £25 international transfer bank charge, little bit steep but will make the seats what they should have been IMO.

Not overly impressed with the Madeno 'kit'. Not for £420 delivered anyway.

Still it's on, and the position is so much better I'm sure the considerable pain installing will be soon forgotten.

First issue - the frame physically doesn't fit ffs! It fouls part of the seat incline mechanism:
IMAG0573.jpg
IMAG0574.jpg

Still nothing a bit of hot-dremel-action won't fix!!:

IMAG0576.jpg
IMAG0577.jpg

Nicely fitted now :smile:
IMAG0578.jpg

Second problem - lousy workmanship, the thread wasn't cut properly on the main seat frame:
IMAG0581.jpg

Fix was simply drill it out and then nut the other side (no pic).

Third problem - the supplied bolts were too long on the corner that has the back incline adjuster. Fix was I had 12.9 HT bolts for when I was going to use fixed buckets, lucky I had these or would have been a show stopper.
Here is the supplied bolt fouling the mech:
IMAG0583.jpg

Forth problem - the seat buckle provision simply doesn't exist. A bolt hole on the side is all you get, it is also missing the locating pin hole:
IMAG0579.jpg

Some more hot-dremel-action and I had a locating hole........however, the frames simply don't fit the seat buckle!!
Luckily (I.e ****ing lucky!) I had a suitably sized spacer in length and width! Though in an ideal world I think a 2mm longer spacer and a longer bolt would be better again.
Below you can see the spacer between the buckle and frame - without it though just how the **** did they actually think it would fit!
IMAG0584.jpg

Fifth problem - despite being told MANY times this is rhd drivers side.... they supplied a blanking for a lhd. So as you can see now fitted there cover is missing at the rear:
IMAG0586.jpg

Sixth problem - seat doesn't use the OEM plastic on the side like I was told it would.

Seventh problem - seat doesn't slide when the seat tilt handle (rear access) is used.

BUT, the height is spot on, it does still slide and it does still incline adjust.........so it'll do. But £420, get ****ED. - Think I'll go R3 Access Bilstein or AST suspension now after this and **** their Bilstein kits right off tbh. I really think after these it doesn't bode well for spending ~£3k on suspension. I mean taking a dremel to a £420 seat mount is one thing but to suspension :chair:

IMAG0587.jpg

Not good that!!

glad you got it sorted though... Shame about it putting you off the suspension though as it might be a great bit of kit but now you'll never find out and sort of don't blame you not wanting too...

Looks like a bit of a sod to do mate. Deffo think Ill get one but i couldnt deal with one seat lower than the other, OCD starting to kick in :L the side looks better in my opinion, i hate the plastic trim, mine is scuffed and scratched to ****

My concern is it could be indicative of the quality of the suspension they produce, I think these problems are really poor tbh and I fail to see how it can be sold as fit for purpose. I mean physcially needing to clearance stuff is terrible.

If it wasn't for the fact I need to take the kids to school tomorrow morning and it was a lot of ballace stripping the seat anyway, I was tempted to put it all back to standard.
I will be speaking to them about this though, as not only do I need the correct Recaro blanking sent, I wan't to know why it doesn't tilt and slide. Means I can only get the kids in from one side, and in an accident isn't ideal. Defeats the point of going for the CS in some regards.

Also had a mare with the steering wheel. Wired up the horn how I thought it was meant to go and got burning! Also feels like the wheel is fractionally off centre, even though it's not supposed to be possible to get it off centre because there are 3 locating splines......!?!
I'll just take it to Tech 1 and get it done properly.

Looks like a bit of a sod to do mate. Deffo think Ill get one but i couldnt deal with one seat lower than the other, OCD starting to kick in :L the side looks better in my opinion, i hate the plastic trim, mine is scuffed and scratched to ****

Dude it was a full on **** of a job! Although that's true of the plastic, mines a bit scuffed and yeah it probably does looks better now! I was just at full on moaning point by then :smile:

To make it match I'll go for Flasci's lowered mount for the px side, it's going to be a lot less money - just need to confirm the tilt and slide works. As I have to have one seat that operates correctly in case of emergency.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cliosport-carl Spotted 0
Zeezal Projects/Progress Threads 7
tkoh12 Clios For Sale 0
CL10 PAZ Spotted 0
tkoh12 Spotted 0