LY Racer Turbo 310bhp....but more to come soon

haha sweet!

The thing about CS is there's so many people your bound to get a more varied selection. They were all very nice about my car when I put up some pics, which I didn't expect but was good to see. But then there is some absolute tools who chat utter s**t. The average age on here is much older than on CS so you get a much more mature response on here most of the time which is to be expected. I've hardly ever seen any flaming on here which happens on CS all the time. Then there's jealousy as well. You just have to take it with a pinch of salt.

Possibly. Its too nice on here though, never any criticism, and too much ass licking imo :wink:

There's nothing wrong with a bit of healthy debate, and there is nothing wrong with saying a true opinion if asked for it in an OP

Possibly. Its too nice on here though, never any criticism, and too much ass licking imo :wink:

There's nothing wrong with a bit of healthy debate, and there is nothing wrong with saying a true opinion if asked for it in an OP

well that's nice...

It's not too nice, people still have an opinion either way and there is debate, just look at the tyres threads. But posts are more respectful and informed. I'd say the majority of us are 30+ and gone past the point of needing conflict and unnecessary arguments for the sake of it. That's all. We all liked a good argument when we were younger ill be the first to admit that. Some of the people on CS are just out and out tossers or keyboard warriors it's clear as day BUT there is a lot of genuine car enthusiasts too they just don't pipe up as much.

lol @ Jonesy

Well said Scotty H.
I think you've hit the nail on the head.
Personally i joined up to CS about a year ago & after about a week of experiencing the caliber of members on there i've never bothered to post on there or even visit there since. This forum is head & shoulders above CS in every way imo.

Over here in OZ as the Clio II's are dirt cheap you get a lot of kids buying them & they tend to be the big mouths with little knowledge or experience.
The same thing is happening with the Clio III's over here now that they are getting cheaper too.
Nothing against young guys in general but maturity & experience teaches you a lot.

As for the OP, your blown 197 is superb, jealousy does strange things to some folk, don't pay any attention to it.

To be Honest, does sitting ranting about members of CS like a bunch of women at a certain time of month make you lot any better? It's a forum at the end of the day, the entire point is to share and discuss, at the end of the day, all the OP has to do is post a image of his printout and the facts will prove him right, otherwise it could just as easy be a made up figure.

In fairness though, I'd say 90% of the people on CS liked his car. And where positive. But if people don't believe him, or think it looks silly because it has a sun strip and mud flaps, then just accept that your asking for opinions and it's better to have honest ones that a load of arse licking lies.

although I like the car, and think it sounds superb, you can't tell how fast it is from the video but as someone's said, could all be down to hardware / software. Although I'm not a fan of the exterior. Would look better as a std R27 - but that's just how I like things.

Last edited:

Bit of an oxymoron for most that though, a true opinion....

Proper debate requires evidence, something that the people criticising the cars actual speed / power lacked from what I've seen.

... and if people think everyone's too nice around here why don't they just go fu-ck off.

Better?

Bit of an oxymoron for most that though, a true opinion....

Proper debate requires evidence, something that the people criticising the cars actual speed / power lacked from what I've seen.

... and if people think everyone's too nice around here why don't they just go fu-ck off.

Better?

But unless the OP posts his RR print out then he has no proof either? Can't only work one way...

But unless the OP posts his RR print out then he has no proof either? Can't only work one way...

I don't need an RR print out, I saw it on the screen myself. I've not out it on here to prove it to you all, just posting up what I've done. If u believe me fine if not tough **** lol!

Right - my opinions on this -

1, I believe you have a extremely fast clio
2, nobody's really been nasty or aggressive just expressed there views
3, everyone who mentioned the rollers on CS reckon the ones you've been on are decent
4, rollers arnt going to be a MASSIVE amount out
5, I want to see a print out, so I can continue to ask you questions about what you done in what order, and what you'd suggest for me to do, as I'm interested in either dumping a Meg engine in or getting a supercharger ( hate reading through threads so prefer to ask q's and see facts.

Im not having a go mate, I'm taking a genuine interest. Hence what I said in earlier posts, people on CS have told me umpteen times I can do this or that won't work ... Bluetooth, RS monitors, comments about my BHP, fitting parts, pricing parts etc. just take it with a pinch of salt. Half the time there on the wind up and fishing for bites, I hardly ever agree with chip, but he knows his stuff and I'd always consider his point of view, doesn't make him right though.

If you don't want to post it on here, send me a pm with a few of what it was pulling like at 280 was it? And what you had to get sorted to get it to there, as you'll understand, it's a **** on trying to read progress threads on phones.

He'd only post the print out and get **** for their rollers not being accurate

People have already mentioned that the Jamsport rollers are good so don't see that being a problem.

Oh well this is getting boring now!

Is the car going to FCS? Will be interesting to have a look around.

People have already mentioned that the Jamsport rollers are good so don't see that being a problem.

Oh well this is getting boring now!

Is the car going to FCS? Will be interesting to have a look around.

Yup it's just turned into forum sniping. Id like a look sounds cool

Right - my opinions on this -

1, I believe you have a extremely fast clio
2, nobody's really been nasty or aggressive just expressed there views
3, everyone who mentioned the rollers on CS reckon the ones you've been on are decent
4, rollers arnt going to be a MASSIVE amount out
5, I want to see a print out, so I can continue to ask you questions about what you done in what order, and what you'd suggest for me to do, as I'm interested in either dumping a Meg engine in or getting a supercharger ( hate reading through threads so prefer to ask q's and see facts.

Im not having a go mate, I'm taking a genuine interest. Hence what I said in earlier posts, people on CS have told me umpteen times I can do this or that won't work ... Bluetooth, RS monitors, comments about my BHP, fitting parts, pricing parts etc. just take it with a pinch of salt. Half the time there on the wind up and fishing for bites, I hardly ever agree with chip, but he knows his stuff and I'd always consider his point of view, doesn't make him right though.

If you don't want to post it on here, send me a pm with a few of what it was pulling like at 280 was it? And what you had to get sorted to get it to there, as you'll understand, it's a **** on trying to read progress threads on phones.

I don't have a print out at the minute like I said. I don't really no why u need to see one just find out what I've done and in what order, ill happily tell u all that without.
I've got nothing to hide and enough people have been a passenger or seen it to no how the car performs, so in that respect I don't feel I need to prove its capabilities with a graph I don't posses at the minute. PM me with what u want to no and ill tell u.

No it's not at FCS, I hate Combe so can't be bothered. I am at ford fair and on track for it, after that will be Trax.

I don't have a print out at the minute like I said. I don't really no why u need to see one just find out what I've done and in what order, ill happily tell u all that without.
I've got nothing to hide and enough people have been a passenger or seen it to no how the car performs, so in that respect I don't feel I need to prove its capabilities with a graph I don't posses at the minute. PM me with what u want to no and ill tell u.

Probably wants to see how wide the torque curve is, personally it's clear to see it's fast but I always run an independant dyno test after mine has been somewhere else just so I feel comfortable I havent been mugged off.

Best option is to vbox it to confirm acceleration figures.

-Andy

Probably wants to see how wide the torque curve is, personally it's clear to see it's fast but I always run an independant dyno test after mine has been somewhere else just so I feel comfortable I havent been mugged off.

Best option is to vbox it to confirm acceleration figures.

-Andy

Hmmm probably not a bad idea then...

Think I might do for peace of mind.

Would certainly be interesting to see how the power is delivered in comparison to the evermore common 225 conversion thats for sure.

Sure looked evil as hell when i picked those tyres up off you.