LY Racer Turbo 310bhp....but more to come soon

You should get the gearbox internals cryogenicaly frozen mate whilst your at it.. Costs around £120 and increases tensile strength by around 400-600%

Most of the TL4 boxes break following some form of synchro wear/damage -gears themselves seem pretty durable

The cryogenic treatment I'm not a fan of as it produces conflicting results, also to quote machinery's handbook: "subzero treatment may sometimes cause cracking". Nitriding would be a good option on the gear teeth, depending on the cheese composition Renault used anything from 50-200% increase in fatigue life.

Group buy of synchros anyone? http://www.synchrotech-transmissions.com/Carbon_Synchros.html

Most of the TL4 boxes break following some form of synchro wear/damage -gears themselves seem pretty durable

The cryogenic treatment I'm not a fan of as it produces conflicting results, also to quote machinery's handbook: "subzero treatment may sometimes cause cracking". Nitriding would be a good option on the gear teeth, depending on the cheese composition Renault used anything from 50-200% increase in fatigue life.

Group buy of synchros anyone? http://www.synchrotech-transmissions.com/Carbon_Synchros.html

tl4 already uses 3-part synchros on gears 1 & 2

What have you done to your gearbox to make it more durable for the power your running?

What have you done to your gearbox to make it more durable for the power your running?

Nothing really, I run castrol syntrans but thats it. If i'm driving slowly I sometimes give it a blip on the throttle to go easier on the synchros when changing but other than that I just always make sure its in gear before booting it..

New fuel system+smaller supercharger pully=roughly 370...big fun :smile: it's in now!

Got the car back today!! It's had a fuel system inc swirl pot and regulator, FULLY decated and a smaller pully on the supercharger! The result is 360bhp!! It's epic!!! Soooooo quick!! And pops and bangs like anything now it has no cats at all!!! Also got a scan gauge for it and getting my k tec solid engine and gearbox mounts put on soon! It's unreal, so quick it ploughs through the gears!

Vids to follow! :smiley:

To date the mods are:

Full RS body kit
200 diffuser with akra tips
OZ ultraleggras wrapped in 888's
JS matched inlets
Schrick cams
Rotrex C30 charger,95mm pully
Forged rods and pistons
Catcam valves+springs
Quaife LSD
Akrapovic exhaust, inc both cats out
JS fuel system inc swirl pot+regulator
KW V3 coilovers
Top mounts running 2 degree neg camber from Simo
Half cage
K-tec solid engine+gearbox mounts
Scan gauge 2
Brembo high carbon disks and Ferodo DS performance pads, dot 5 fluid.
iPod lead lol

EPIC!!!

Think that's it lol!

props man.

sounds like a real joy to drive...
hopefully the SC route will be more viable down here in SA soon...
i'd love to do this to the Nimbus...

well done, again
peace

Litchy, it's there own system, all custom made to my car, makes a huge difference! Car runs so much smoother!!