LY Racer Turbo 310bhp....but more to come soon

agreed, looks like a cheap body kit in yellow. i would stick to black it's more effort to paint that type of plastic than its worth in my opinion...

If its done right on the right colour it turns out great, works very nice on Stuieplks stealth project, if done right they should be able to be used to create a good contrast as well using different colour combos

agreed, looks like a cheap body kit in yellow. i would stick to black it's more effort to paint that type of plastic than its worth in my opinion...

the RS side skirts are well known for sagging between the fixing points,so for that reason alone i would never paint them,they'd look terrible in the sun!

the RS side skirts are well known for sagging between the fixing points,so for that reason alone i would never paint them,they'd look terrible in the sun!

Are they? Mine don't sag at all.

And surely you could just put more screws in?

Thought if give an update on this, been a while.
I bent a valve over a month ago, but it's going in to jamsport next week for replacement catcam valves, valve springs and solid lifters! Also got myself done solid engine and gearbox mounts and a nice half rear cage as well. Should be revving to a nice 8200 rpm very soon. Might be getting a new fuel system and smaller pully before how fast as well but we will see. Hopefully have another update in the next few weeks :smile:

Update, car is back on the road with catcam valves and springs!

Booked in with SteC in july for an uprated clutch, uprated to 400/450 bhp. Fit my Ktec solid engine and gearbox mounts, and just brought some Brembo high carbon disks and ferodo DS performance pads for the front as my disks are warped. Woops.

Track pics from Bedford and cadwell here:

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34509

You should get the gearbox internals cryogenicaly frozen mate whilst your at it.. Costs around £120 and increases tensile strength by around 400-600%

You should get the gearbox internals cryogenicaly frozen mate whilst your at it.. Costs around £120 and increases tensile strength by around 400-600%

Im not sure what to do with that mate, ive heard some mixed things about it so im a bit stuck on what to do?! Heard one guy got his ST box done and it lasted 3 miles after being done!! So not sure! In all fairness its still holding well as it is, so i might wait and see if anyone else does it off here and get some more opinions :smile:

Where u getting it done? Local to you?

Has he had it done mate? Glad he was, I tweaked mine to 4/4 for cadwell, felt amazing!!

Standard clutch mate, coz the power is so linear it doesn't hit the gearbox hard like sudden turbo boost does.

Update, car is back on the road with catcam valves and springs!

Booked in with SteC in july for an uprated clutch, uprated to 400/450 bhp. Fit my Ktec solid engine and gearbox mounts, and just brought some Brembo high carbon disks and ferodo DS performance pads for the front as my disks are warped. Woops.

Track pics from Bedford and cadwell here:

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34509

Give me a shout when your up Mike.....

Im not sure what to do with that mate, ive heard some mixed things about it so im a bit stuck on what to do?! Heard one guy got his ST box done and it lasted 3 miles after being done!! So not sure! In all fairness its still holding well as it is, so i might wait and see if anyone else does it off here and get some more opinions :smile:

Where u getting it done? Local to you?

whilst the box is out and going back in get some quality gear oil put in it!