LY Racer Turbo 310bhp....but more to come soon

Great result, I'd be tempted to leave it at the run in power till I got bored of it...That'd be a while though :lol:

From reading on meganesport.net one of the guys with a big power megane said hes ruined it and only runs it at 320-440 i think. Anything above and its only good for striaght line show boating, I think the supercharged car will outperform the turbo conversions (even if they're forged too) purely because of power delivery.

Loving the stealth look too, makes me want to spray my intercooler black now.

Great result, I'd be tempted to leave it at the run in power till I got bored of it...That'd be a while though :lol:

From reading on meganesport.net one of the guys with a big power megane said hes ruined it and only runs it at 320-440 i think. Anything above and its only good for striaght line show boating, I think the supercharged car will outperform the turbo conversions (even if they're forged too) purely because of power delivery.

I agree, you can't argue with linear power.....perfect combo for Clio, would be my engine choice, just didn't have the Liz's.....

I agree mark on the power figures. But you no wat tuners are like always telling u the next stage lol! I'm gonna run it do some track days then see what it's like. But it does feel perfect at the moment. Not huge boost coming out of bends but when u are out and keep it pinned its awesome. Feels perfect! The diff is amazing as well!

I agree mark on the power figures. But you no wat tuners are like always telling u the next stage lol! I'm gonna run it do some track days then see what it's like. But it does feel perfect at the moment. Not huge boost coming out of bends but when u are out and keep it pinned its awesome. Feels perfect! The diff is amazing as well!

What did you do about your clutch....did you end up uprating it????

That's awesome mate, you're gonna have to do some Renaultsport TrackDays next year and run rings round the new Clio. :thumbup:

What rev limit are you at?

Yeah more than happy with this power!

You'll be putting a deposited Down angel when u see it lol!! :tongueout: erm can't remember, think Clio is 11.5 standard and mine was 10.5. Basically whatever they are standard knock the 1st number down. You can def feel the cams mid range and high up doing there things. Also my engine was bored slightly (maybe 2.1L ??) if that's made a difference?

Yeah more than happy with this power!

You'll be putting a deposited Down angel when u see it lol!! :tongueout: erm can't remember, think Clio is 11.5 standard and mine was 10.5. Basically whatever they are standard knock the 1st number down. You can def feel the cams mid range and high up doing there things. Also my engine was bored slightly (maybe 2.1L ??) if that's made a difference?

Oversize pistons, mmmmmmmm

Yes I may well be doing that, Id be happy with your spec, rather than more... The nos would make up for it. Have they said what power the engine could handle?

Sounds promising mike, I guess you'd best start stocking up on clio gearboxes now!!!

Oversize pistons, mmmmmmmm

Yes I may well be doing that, Id be happy with your spec, rather than more... The nos would make up for it. Have they said what power the engine could handle?

5/600 I think mate. More than ill be getting anyway lol! But then there's clutch and stuff to think of. It's great as it is to be fair. I'm sure someone will eclipse my figures one day but in its current state it's so drivable. Doesn't wash out, spin up or anything. Just puts the power down and puts a massive cheesy grin on my face. I didn't want to compromise the drivability or any of the clio's much loved character and I've achieved that but in a far more exaggerated state. Shame show season is over so you guys can see it in action.

A little update today. Good and bad news.

Bad news, a lorry hit my car at JS, only paint damage on the rear quarter and front bumper but its all in hand. Result!! :smile: But still a huge pain. Also my KW strut has snapped off a the top so my wheel looks like it has negative camber so cant drive it till its sorted. Think this is because of the lorry so they've told me to get a quote so hopefully it wont take to long to sort. So annoying as all i wanna do is drive this beast lol!! Oh well on the plus side it could of been far worse!! And its all going through jamsports insurance so no hassle for me at all, must say they have been fantastic. they caught it on cctv etc!

Good news, ordered top mounts off sim and they arrived today so when the suspension is sorted its off to get a cracking setup :smile: Big thanks to sim, hes a top bloke and easy to deal with! Big italian love! :smile:

So no vids for now but i'll update as and when. Looking to sell my 182 and get a mk5 golf gti so that might be the 1st update lol!

great result and those rods like nice and strong :jase:

i think a 0.5mm bore oversize gives approx 25cc extra...

Last edited:
These are fantastic results. A big 10, enough said. 326 bhp revving at 7.8rpm, close ratio gearbox (hopefully it will last) and power delivery that doesn't change the car's unique character? well done mate, I always said that supercharging is the way to go for the clio (personal opinion of course) but it's too damn expensive for someone like me who is paying full price...

Very sorry to hear about the lorry incident, get us some videos when all is sorted mate:smile:

Again, very good story here..