LY Racer Turbo 310bhp....but more to come soon

Totally agree, when someone says its finished they've either run out of love or run out of money.. :wink:

If they run out of love they just sell up... And start another project!!! :smiley:

And if they run out of money they just sell up... And start a smaller project!!! :smiley:

Thanks :smile: I think a good project is never done. Pretty much all the big bits will be done, just a few other bits to get, and then maybe a few touches or new bits that get released. I like the idea of the new Iphone app kw's :wink:

Thanks :smile: I think a good project is never done. Pretty much all the big bits will be done, just a few other bits to get, and then maybe a few touches or new bits that get released. I like the idea of the new Iphone app kw's :wink:

i kind of had this with the VXR , i brought a diff for example and then thought yeh megga then thought err that american diff looks better ill order that then the turbo got old so replaced with bigger and better then that needed more work it never stops just keeps rolling . . . until you just wake up one day and think right thats enough, but for you i hope this day is a long way away

Yeah I can see why that happens. To be honest I won't tho, the car really is a beast as it is, the handling tyres and boost make it so fast! But it's the right time for me to forge it it as I'm moving out end of the year and will be Skint so want it done before that all happens. I want clubsports, but the v3's are so good I can't justify the loss then extra for new ones. I'm keeping realistic with it as I could easily loose sight of my goal with this car. Everything I've done is fairy substantial, no fiddle little bits like air boxes, throttle noddy etc, can't be bothered, want mods that make an instant difference. My list isn't actually that big lol!

Good luck mate , car looks great whatever , just dont strip and cage it :smile:
Yeah I can see why that happens. To be honest I won't tho, the car really is a beast as it is, the handling tyres and boost make it so fast! But it's the right time for me to forge it it as I'm moving out end of the year and will be Skint so want it done before that all happens. I want clubsports, but the v3's are so good I can't justify the loss then extra for new ones. I'm keeping realistic with it as I could easily loose sight of my goal with this car. Everything I've done is fairy substantial, no fiddle little bits like air boxes, throttle noddy etc, can't be bothered, want mods that make an instant difference. My list isn't actually that big lol!

Good luck mate , car looks great whatever , just dont strip and cage it :smile:

Why not? Stripping it reduces unsprung weight meaning you get the most out your mods.. Adding a cage adds safety which even you yourself cannot deny

Why not? Stripping it reduces unsprung weight meaning you get the most out your mods.. Adding a cage adds safety which even you yourself cannot deny

"unsprung" refers to suspension and brakes etc

its the "sprung" weight that is lowered by removing trim is what i think you meant to say :hug1:

Update, the car is finished and currently in the painful process of running it in, only 600 more miles to go lol! Ill update in the week with pics and details of it all. Gonna run it on the same pully i had before and see what it puts oit at max rpm (7800) then see what boost it makes and power then go down a size!

No power figures yet until its run in, so dont pester me lol! :tongueout:

Its run in, dropped off thursday and is currently there being mapped. No idea on 0-60 and dont care either, no one ever does it. Dont wont to destroy my box and clutch so dont intend on testing it. However in gear and rolling it will fly!

Should get it back in the week :smile:

When it's finished :wink: think it will be difficult to get a 0-60 also it's a little pointless IMO as no one ever uses cars like it unless at Santa pod :smile: