little bit worried

hi all.
i ordered my rs200 back in febuary and have been following its progress thanks to my dealership keeping me updated, it landed in southamton 9th of april and was booked in for pick up yesterday at 3pm as you can imagine no sleep the night before and had 3 days booked off work to play with it!
i had a phone call saying it would be delayed til monday! something about the rear spoiler being fitted,
i was wondering if anyone knew the average time from landing to delievery?
my concern is the car has been damaged and they are fixing it

id have thought that southampton would just be the docks where the car is shipped in to. and then distributed to the dealer! but thats my opinion! aha! hope it hasnt been damaged!

No the spoilers fitted at the import centre, it can delay it a few days depending on how busy they are, not sure but I think the alarm is fitted there to.

Yes this as happened a few times nothing to worry about just check the paint job on the spoiler when you pick it up

My 2011 polo was 3 months late last year lol.

My 2011 clio was also 2 weeks later.

Don't stress it - it happens!

No the spoilers fitted at the import centre, it can delay it a few days depending on how busy they are, not sure but I think the alarm is fitted there to.

This is correct, your car can be delayed at import centre whilst having options like the cup spoiler fitted. They also have to register it. I wouldn't worry you've waited months for it to get here so the hard part is over, I personally found the 12 weeks agonising but its all forgotton once you touch it...

My car was at Southampton just over 2 weeks as most options i.e Spoiler, Recaros etc are all fitted at the import centre down there, I wouldn't worry it'll be here, it killed me waiting

just had a email from my dealership.... my car will be ready to collect tomorrow :smiley: to say im excited is a understatment and all my friends think it's coming monday so will suprise them as well

just had a email from my dealership.... my car will be ready to collect tomorrow :smiley: to say im excited is a understatment and all my friends think it's coming monday so will suprise them as well

Good to hear. Make sure you stick some pics up, though you'll probably be driving it too much to stop and take pics lol.

Still check it over properly it was only the other day it was delayed till Monday and now its ready :001_unsure:

Enjoy your new car though. :thumbsup: