Liquid Yellow Clio R27 (197 F1)

So after a long time of no updates, here's a bit of an update on the car. It recently had a 60k service done at Renault and I was pleased to see there are no major problems. I've just replaced 2 of the tyres as advised with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's, with tracking and balancing all done. I will also be replacing the front brake discs and pads in the next few months too as advised. There is also some slight play in the n/s front lower ball joint too, so will be keeping an eye on that. Already have a quote from Aarons Autos in Derby of £175 to replace this.

I'm half tempted to sell it for something a bit different as I've always owned Renault Clio's from my very first car - but a part of me just cannot sell it. I might just get it 100% perfect and keep it for another year or two. If I decide to keep it I will be looking at H&R springs before the year is out and will also get the alloys refurbished and powder coated.

Will give it a decent clean and get some fresh photos up on here soon also. :smiley:

So since my last update I've not done much to the car except for having the near side lower ball joint replaced at Aarons Autos in Derby. I've got both the MOT and Tax coming up at the end of this month, which is always a wonderful time of year for the bank account. I've got some Renault Sport mats with the yellow trim on their way to me in the post from another user on here and I'm also considering H&R lowering springs, just to finish it off.

I will be replacing the other two tyres soon too, as they have some outer and inner wear. The alloys will also need refurbishing and respraying before the Summer, as there's slight curbing to a few of them. I was looking at having them powder coated white, but not sure I'm brave enough and might just stick with anthracite. Thoughts?

Anyway, here's a few photos of how she's looking at the moment. :smile:

Clio2_zpsnkrzax0a.jpg

Clio3_zpsupybysem.jpg

Clio1_zpsf7qupbqk.jpg

Clio4_zps32s08ok7.jpg

Thanks to Ollie at OH MEDIA for the photos.

Last edited:
After being told that my two front springs were somehow snapped, it presented a great opportunity to buy myself some H&R springs. They had been on the shopping list since I first got the car but I just never quite got round to buying them. Will be posting up some before and after photos soon, but there's a shot of one of the front wheels with the springs fitted below. :smile:

springs%202_zps3ab7hkz2.jpg

springs_zpsuteabwf5.jpg

Few phone photos of the H&R lowering springs fitted. Will be taking some with my DSLR camera soon.

ba89fbcf124e734c1c88dfbb2065e577.jpg

8c2809d2bc2f0ee45f029c81220926e7.jpg

I also received my membership pack through the post today. Stickers went straight on.

44b008fc3a6fd53f939cdcad37bde05d.jpg

0a4b80b48a0f923ce0602a33b0bafe8a.jpg

Looking very nice mate.First r27 ive seen with those wheels.Any more mods planned ?
Thanks mate. Not at the moment, it just needs a good clean as that photo was taken before Christmas.

No other mods planned though really. It's already got H&R Springs, 20mm spacers, ITG panel filter, miltek exhaust system, splitter, spoiler, etc. Not much else I want to do really, except possibly a remap at some point.

The remap is a great thing to do,transformed the drive and power delivery,and removed the dreaded flat spots.I have got very similar set up to you.Rs tuning all the way.:wink:

The remap is a great thing to do,transformed the drive and power delivery,and removed the dreaded flat spots.I have got very similar set up to you.Rs tuning all the way.:wink:

Yeah, remap is something I need to get done at some point. I still have that flat spot. Does the remap remove the kicks you get at 3k and 5k revs?

Great wheels, where did you found set? I have been searching many months.

Thanks mate. Someone I know was selling them and I decided to buy them from him. Not too sure where to get them elsewhere.

Yeah remap removed both flatspots.gives smooth acceleration straight through the range.Also gained 26 foot pounds torque.Going to put a project thread up soon and show results.

Yeah, remap is something I need to get done at some point. I still have that flat spot. Does the remap remove the kicks you get at 3k and 5k revs?

Thanks mate. Someone I know was selling them and I decided to buy them from him. Not too sure where to get them elsewhere.

I still try to find good set to replace my gordini wheels. New set from Renault is approx 1000€ (600£)

Yeah remap removed both flatspots.gives smooth acceleration straight through the range.Also gained 26 foot pounds torque.Going to put a project thread up soon and show results.

Any idea how much RS Tuning charge for a remap? Thinking about getting it done soon.