Lewis's RB Clio 197

Forgot to add these photos of when I did the AC delete too.

Clean sump with fresh gasket on

IMG_20200508_112148.jpg

Also couldn't believe how clean my oil pick-up was. For a 97000 mile car. I was expecting it to be discoloured from oil and heat etc. Almost looked brand new

received_278733569820619.jpeg

Had only done 1200 miles or so since I last changed the oil in December but oh well. Fresh oil & filter never hurts. All genuine parts used as always!

Took the car for a little trip to the post office today & it feels amazing with the new top mounts & all the other bits

With the lighter wheels & the lighter crank pulley the car feels so much more urgent especially in the lower revs? There's a fair weight saving with all I've done anyway recently so especially rotational mass it just feels much better

First time I've actually driven the car in about 2/3 weeks though. Still need to get my geo done and I'm not wanting to burn through the tyres

My service light popped up today which obviously isn't actually due considering I did an oil/coolant change etc in December & now just done one a month ago with the sump gasket and all the other bits. Struggling to reset it for some reason but I'll figure it out

But no update is complete without atleast one photo so have another photo of the wheels[emoji7]

fa598a7faaad0bbb6dbb660c471168e9.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Reactions: forecast.buckets
Was gonna book Bedford on the 30th July, but miraculously booked up overnight, bit annoying

But I've just booked the 28th August which feels like ages away but realistically it isn't, but this whole year feels like march-june has blended into 1 day [emoji23]

So second track day is booked for the Clio!

@lewishunter98 Looking great mate, im about to do the AC delete on mine using the 172 pulley from Rene. Do you need to cambelt cover bit from Rentune as well or is that just for the cup racer delete kit?
Cheers!

Ideally you would yeah, when you fit the 172 crank pulley it leaves a gap above it and the OEM cambelt cover which would allow stones etc to get into. The rentune guard just covers the gap :smile:

Reactions: Dan-
Not much of an update but with my MOT booked in for the 30th July I figured I'd sort out my horn panel & also Bedford booked for 28th August I wanted cruise control back

Bought myself a volantech panel..

Simple to wire in, but I had an issue of the horn not working. After a bit of research it turned out it was looking likely to be the two pins behind the wiper stalk being bent. All I did was pull them towards me a bit (carefully) and put it back together and it worked spot on :smile:
59933bb755b3160f80918c9e024d3859.jpg

Quick little update before bedford

Some Apex SPG's popped up for sale on Thursday morning on Facebook & a friend tagged me in them as he knows I've been after a pair for ages now.

Deposit left & collected that evening.

Spent this afternoon removing my recaros which are pending collection & giving the car a clean out. Have some rentune side mounts on order, so hopefully they arrive before Thursday otherwise it'll be recaros back in for me to be able to drive to the track day

But here's a quick mock up (only one I know! The other was locked in the boot as I disconnected the battery)

Gave the belt a clean too as it was looking a bit mucky.

IMG_20200822_155427_Bokeh.jpgIMG_20200822_155420_Bokeh.jpg

Post Bedford Update 28/08/2020

What started off to be a nightmare turned out to be a good day (mostly afternoon). Even got to meet a few new faces off here

Cast back to wednesday, two days before the track day, my rentune side mounts finally tipped up but with no bolts however, so a quick run to get some from a hardware store & washers etc on my lunch break at work to then fit one that evening which delayed all my other plans for checking the car over. Fitted one and headed to my mates to do some checks. Drives fine, seat is amazing etc. Driving home the car started misfiring badly, it would only accelerate if I was full throttle, any other throttle input it would stutter & lose speed, backfiring like crazy.

Thursday (day before Bedford & most importantly the day of the 3H drive) I got up early doors to fit the passenger seat & also check my coils & plugs. All dry so I figured I'd just replace them, had done the plugs two years ago and had never actually done the coils. Did not have any chance to test this all day until my drive to Bedford. Long story short, didn't work so I basically had to keep pinning it for 3h, which actually turned into five because of people crashing everywhere & the weather being torrential.

On my way, at about 6.30pm I messaged Chris at beaniesport and asked him for some last minute help and he told me he'd see me first thing in the morning before the track. I tipped up to his at 7.30am on Friday morning & straight away it was diagnosed as my lambda sensor, so he fitted a spare & tested it which meant it was all good & just told me to get on my way to enjoy the day!

Finally tip up to Bedford at about 9.45 or so, and the rain was torrential, track closed. Couldn't be any worse really?

Didn't get any laps in till about 11am!!

Got a few laps in, bit hairy out there on the nankangs in the soaking wet mind, had a few loose moments, one being on the pit straight after my first lap , luckily caught it.

Then had to nip out on lunch which they called early because of the rain & they opened the track early which seemed to result in missing out on all the best pictures and some dry track .

Either way, I properly milked it in the afternoon and stayed right up until they waved the chequered flag. Car performed faultlessly and is a proper little ripper on track. Got some good battles in with my mate in his E36 328i when the track dried out. Had one big spin and a few slides. Unfortunately the spin resulted in a damaged wheel (just curbed, no cracks or dents). But here's all the photos I got. Javelin have certainly upped their game in quality, but on to the next one! (Hopefully an actual dry track)

50282612527_54ca4bf884_o.jpg50282613317_ff650ef269_o.jpg50281772133_ea35369ace_o.jpg50282469256_0bf05869d6_o.jpg50282469151_568ef58082_o.jpg50282629512_4cb5a219d1_o.jpg50281791128_c8e4ff493e_o.jpg50282471326_38c4f82c97_o.jpg