Lewis's RB Clio 197

I thought the redline stuff was supposed to be tip top. Good to hear your box is better. And kudos for draining and filling it yourself. Fiddly job
It's really good stuff and very smooth I just don't think it stands up to long spirited driving!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Sticking with the full "OEM+" look, I picked up some chrome/silver diffuser tips to replace the black ones to go with the silver badges. Much much happier with the look!

Not sure if i mentioned it previously too, but I had pulled off the window tints a while back, even before the track day, again much prefer the look of it now.

f8016c3b39b27316f76adee75187ece4.jpg

Only thing left for it is silver door bullets again. I've been toying with the idea of going down the cup look with black bumpstrips and probably black door handles but I'm undecided.

Also with Thruxton being cancelled due to this stupid virus, I've ordered some whiteline rear beam bushes, figured they were worth a punt with how much they cost & I'm probably going to order a sump gasket.

Wanna get these parts in before the (hopefully) inevitable lockdown happens and I can smash out some jobs! [emoji23][emoji23]

Bought some more parts to smash out some Jobs while being grounded by Boris;

- Sump gasket
- Oil service kit
- Crankshaft pulley bolt
- dipstick (hate the orange one so this one I can actually see my oil level)

132192ac50e6aad63ba24badc6207f51.jpg

A while back I also bought a cup racer belt guard to sit behind the bottom pulley for running a 172 crank pulley from rentune & a shorter aux belt for it, so I can do my AC delete.

In fitting the guard I need to use a sump bolt hence the gasket and oil etc. Plus the sump leaks slightly anyway! So I figured why not.

Whiteline rear bushes turned up, they seem really good quality. Stiff too! I look forward to getting them in but initial thoughts are good.

Some nice little jobs lined up! Curios how big a job the sump gasket is? Also, how come the new dipstick, I can't even think what colour the normal one is.

Reactions: lewishunter98
Some nice little jobs lined up! Curios how big a job the sump gasket is? Also, how come the new dipstick, I can't even think what colour the normal one is.
Few bits I've been putting off doing for ages mate! I look forward to finally getting it all done.

It looks fairly straightforward, I found a pdf for the Clio 3 online with all torque specs etc. The only thing you really need to take off is the brace underneath and rad support, but it's just the brace in my case!

Normal is orange dude, difficult to read the oil level (I find anyway!) This one being silver should make it much easier!

Got my oem silver door bullets through the post yesterday, chucked them on, on my lunch break (working from home has its perks)

Cleaned the Clio today, and gave it a going over with some autoglym super resin polish. Comes up quite well!

First wash since August too.
6fb2493956b39e7b733244e80d026877.jpg

So I got bored today

Took the rear wheels off and cleaned inside the arches a bit, stripped the rear brakes & cleaned and greased them up to keep everything good and not seized! Greased up the sliders etc. Feels good doing little preventative maintenance bits like this!
f2617a75b3c974bacc76ec305424e933.jpg

I was planning to hammerite my hubs too but I couldn't find the hammerite. But I know where it is now I've finished. (typical)

Reactions: Beany
This is a job that I really need to be doing on our 200. The hubs look ridiculously orange at the mo. Really need to top up on the old car cleaning "essentials" as stock is low. Just what else is there to do (other than clean cars) when you're not allowed to do anything?

Reactions: lewishunter98
This is a job that I really need to be doing on our 200. The hubs look ridiculously orange at the mo. Really need to top up on the old car cleaning "essentials" as stock is low. Just what else is there to do (other than clean cars) when you're not allowed to do anything?
Funnily enough I've got loads of car cleaning stuff and barely anything to wash it with! 0 microfibres left and 1 wash mitt [emoji23]

I know I did an update already today.

But after dinner it was still very light out so I thought, why not go do the hubs! Froze my tits off but it was worth it!

Before (different side but I forgot to take a pic of the first side. Also need to sort out this caliper):

462a7919ef780172203e572147d0f9c8.jpg

After! [emoji7]:

ed3de829d4afe848ec452a23a59daa70.jpg

3531807c7634f7aec19c720509c50af5.jpg

should have them reaer beam bushes installed by now ! :think:
Hahahaa! Been busy working at home mate [emoji23] Plus I'm debating waiting until this "lockdown" is lifted so I can go use my mates pit in his garage!

We'll see how bored I get. Big job after all hahaa