Kw3/clubsport settings?

Surely having the corners weighed on a road car that occasionally sees a track (Once a month) is a tad overkill?

And Clubsports dont cost over 2 grand.

Also Litchy bare in mind that V3s aint the same as Clubsports for their damping/rebound/spring rates etc so adjusting yours to what work for V3 owners wont really work.

Also remember you have a big turbine under that bonnet so again, similarities cant be made to normal 197/200s.

Last edited:
I dont have a problem with what Sid is saying, Its how he says it that gets my goat. Equally, he has yet to qualify why I should listen to him in the first place? Forums are full of people who talk a good fight. Why should I trust the advice hes giving is informed other than what he's equally read or Google'd??????

Sid, the advice you are giving is informed through what experiences, cars you've owned, qualifications, your work or hobbies....?????

Last edited:
Surely having the corners weighed on a road car that occasionally sees a track (Once a month) is a tad overkill?

And Clubsports dont cost over 2 grand.

Also Litchy bare in mind that V3s aint the same as Clubsports for their damping/rebound/spring rates etc so adjusting yours to what work for V3 owners wont really work.

Also remember you have a big turbine under that bonnet so again, similarities cant be made to normal 197/200s.

fair comment....I'll continue to make adjustments until it feel right for me and my driving style....

fair comment....I'll continue to make adjustments until it feel right for me and my driving style....

Unfortunately its the only way to do it mate. Trial and error. Ours has been "tweaked" so many times I've lost count.

Is the best its ever been at the mo.

Easy

Number 1

Before you do anything talk to experienced people (not gash forum mates) with a pedigree, technical knowledge and track record of running and setting up similar cars. Take independent advice on what you want to achieve. A track orientated car will be a completely different animal to a mostly road car. This needs to be done before you buy anything. 2 way adjustable dampers on hard springs may not be what you really need. Talk it through. There is no one single right answer. Buy to achieve your aim. Be realistic about your aim and the compromises they will bring. Research and justify spending the money. Track instruction can be initially cheaper and more effective for example.

Number 2

When you have the right kit for the job, or you just like spending money..... Get it corner weighted. Essential. Never scrimp on this for road or track work. If you are aiming for track work, get it balanced on the scales with driver and mid-fuel track weights (if that is your priority) for the balance you prefer. Near balanced front platform weights will skew the rears a bit but gives you consistent front braking loads. That can be good for racing if that advantage under brakes is significant etc. Again talk to people that know. What may be right for me or you won’t suit others.

Number 3

There are no magic damper settings. Each car and driver is different. Each day is different. So set fully soft, fully hard and feel the extreme range. Then play tunes to get what you feel is about right. It’s about experimenting and building a knowledge database. Settings for Oulton? Completely different for Dry or Wet or for Silverstone. Only adjust one area at a time. Playing tunes with damping, tyres and weights with one hit just confuses the outcome and response. Remember a cold Oulton will drive completely differently to a hot one, a bit of understeer on one bend may be neutral on another. Where is the trade off and max advantage to be gained if you try and chase neutral everywhere? Most people will end up with stock settings for various situations. Road, track etc.

You will never get a definitive checklist of this stuff and that is why race teams have experienced people reacting to the varying conditions and situations with a hard won database of what works.

So are you going to answer the OP or just keep regurgitating obvious sweeping statements relating to setting up cars? We can all google stuff.

I'm sure you're aware that ANY setup is a compromise, likewise it's quite possible to setup a car to cover most situations sufficiently. You again seem to presuming to tell people what to do with their cars which is why you seem to have the nack of rubbing them he wrong way.

Maybe if you actually made an attempt to help the chap by divulging some of your experience?

I've set mine up perfectly.... I paid a tree surgeon to cut up my springs so it sits a foot lower than normal. This is a real hit on the Friday night car park runs...

On a side note, I need some advice as I am getting some serious scrubbing on my arches... Help! :wink:

Sidney, darling, I'm flattered that you long for me to interact, but like I've already told you... I have a girlfriend, you're using the wrong bait. :hug:

I'd have been sure to reply sooner had I not been helping with a 250SWB for the last few hours. I've tried to cover your tracks and tidy things up to stop you looking like a complete tw@t and I even gave you a PM and a timeout for a few days to help you see the error of your ways and offered you a second chance that many others wouldn't have given tou... But alas, you're beyond help.

The Gatekeeper henceforth washes ones hands of you.

Throw him to the chavs!!! :bat:

Doesn't look good new new folk though does it Angel?

My comment was only a bit of lighthearted banter tho, I appreciate that the other comments needed moderating as they had crossed the line of what was acceptable behaviour.

Matters not tho. :smile:

Thing is everything he's saying is totally correct. But we're not talking about a touring car that has tens of thousands spent on development and notepad full of suspension settings for different tracks.

Has anyone thought about what there steering arms look like when the car's lowered by 50mm?? And has anyone heard of bumpsteer?

Just chucking on a set of coilovers doesn't mean instant improvement in handling.

It's not what he's saying that's the problem, it's the way he says things. :wink:

Nobody is debating the fact that Coilovers need to be setup correctly to get the full benefit. And correctly means to the demands of the driver, so there is no ''onesizefitsall'' setup. Frankly anybody who buys them and slaps them on on the driveway over a weekend and just leaves it at that has more money than sense. But everybody on here running them has had them set up by reputable companies.

Being a clever c?nt and trying to belittle people, being a copy and paste artist and generally just being a pain in the arse doesn't help people. Helpful and informative posts and constructive advice do help people, it's not hard to be polite but too many people like to come online and hide behind a pseudonym whilst spouting sh!te that they won't (or can't, in some cases) back up...