k-tec turbo converation

shut me a-hole, just spoke to them and they have put the relase date back to jan now, will be at the autosport show at the nec

shut me a-hole, just spoke to them and they have put the relase date back to jan now, will be at the autosport show at the nec

Oh aye?... what sort of figures did they quote lad?

How many £££'s are they after?

I bet a 197 will move with one of these!

If you can get the power down!!

I cant with mine unless its bone dry and thats just from getting the torque curve nailed!!

Will be very interesting to see! Im skint tho lol :worried:

Was talking to someone from ktec last night, didnt talk directly about this, but I get impression they havent got a suitable ECU at present, although have a few options as to what they can use apparently.

If you can get the power down!!

I cant with mine unless its bone dry and thats just from getting the torque curve nailed!!

Will be very interesting to see! Im skint tho lol :worried:

anything more than 230-240 and in the wet it will be awful. An LSD will only spin both wheels as opposed to one! above that sort of power shouldnt really be in a fwd car unless it has torque limiters in certain gears etc. ive ruined my leon by adding more power to it.

I think the clio would be great with 240bhp, it would certainly give mine the much needed quicker 60-110+ for the track.

I presume they will sell it as a staged upgrade with varying power/torque.

anything more than 230-240 and in the wet it will be awful. An LSD will only spin both wheels as opposed to one! above that sort of power shouldnt really be in a fwd car unless it has torque limiters in certain gears etc. ive ruined my leon by adding more power to it.

You're forgeting that the Clio has a very sofisticated McPherson type suspension in the front which is very capable of bringing more power down on the street than most FWD cars. With the rigid back setup it is a very capable FWD car. With more power it would surely be quicker but it would need to be "usable" power. Not 250bhp from 5000rpm on and below only laggy and no poke. Like kevo's Clio with a wide range of constant torque so the power comes without delay. Combined with a LSD it would surely be an epic car -not in the wet that's obviously :tongueout:

I'm talking here about the stock suspension not lowered etc. cause then the dampers don't function within their parameters and if the wheel-alignment isn't made correctly you lose grip there to.

If you would put some money in your suspension you would surely benefit from more power on your Leon. The car isn't stock that sporty.

The limits of FWD usable power is being constantly pushed further. For example Ford Focus RS 301bhp and FWD. LSD and a really well made suspension (RevoKnuckle).

My Volvo is the same, had it remapped and the torque is now immense.... and it shags up front tyres very easily :bored:

Suspension, suspension :-p everything is in this m8 :thumbup1:

You're forgeting that the Clio has a very sofisticated McPherson type suspension in the front which is very capable of bringing more power down on the street than most FWD cars. With the rigid back setup it is a very capable FWD car. With more power it would surely be quicker but it would need to be "usable" power. Not 250bhp from 5000rpm on and below only laggy and no poke. Like kevo's Clio with a wide range of constant torque so the power comes without delay. Combined with a LSD it would surely be an epic car -not in the wet that's obviously :tongueout:

I'm talking here about the stock suspension not lowered etc. cause then the dampers don't function within their parameters and if the wheel-alignment isn't made correctly you lose grip there to.

If you would put some money in your suspension you would surely benefit from more power on your Leon. The car isn't stock that sporty.

The limits of FWD usable power is being constantly pushed further. For example Ford Focus RS 301bhp and FWD. LSD and a really well made suspension (RevoKnuckle).

Suspension, suspension :-p everything is in this m8 :thumbup1:

yeah i agree with a lot of your comments.... there is a limit though surely?? the new FRS torque steers like a pig....and its only making 270-280bhp (see latest evo)
I wont waste any more money on my leon, i'd buy something next time engineered to have the amount of power it was intended, and that will probably mean 4wd.
Cant wait to see a turbo/charged 197/200 though.

yeah i agree with a lot of your comments.... there is a limit though surely?? the new FRS torque steers like a pig....and its only making 270-280bhp (see latest evo)
I wont waste any more money on my leon, i'd buy something next time engineered to have the amount of power it was intended, and that will probably mean 4wd.
Cant wait to see a turbo/charged 197/200 though.

Torquesteer is a big issue on all turbocharged FWD cars tbh Astra OPC torquesteers like a bitch and it "only" has 240hp vs. the FRS with 270-280bhp as you say. Big difference in the suspension and setup but the FRS sure seems to be much more nimble than other FWD turbocharged cars but can't really confirm this cause I haven't driven one yet and probably never will :mellow: but I sat in one already lol :lol:

Tbh I was watching one FRS modded on Grobnik - stripped out, lowered, slicks, remaped, Miltek exhaust,...and it wasn't that quick :blush:hmy:

It's sure better to do as you said. A std car which can bring the power down. An Evo or a Suby :thumbup: but when I saw how much money these cars "need" :closedeyes:

I appreciate that... just not prepared to spend 2grand on sorting it out.... roll on the Clio instead! :w00t:

:thumbup1: