k-tec turbo converation

Box is fine, don't know why you think its a weak link tbh.

Link: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=473561

The box is well known to be the wink link on the 197 because its a shit box. Hence why so many people have had problems and lots of gearboxes have been replaced.

Im sure ive been told that its a six speed gear box out of a dog end diesel laguna so no wonder it cant handle the power as is.

If your talking about turbo'ing the clio you need to talk about stand alone management, LSD, gearbox, clutch and suspension to get the most out of it. Yes it is a great car but it wasnt designed to handle anywhere near 250bhp.

PROBLEMS PROBLEMS PROBLEMS

diesel boxes will handle more torque than most so it coming off a 2litre diesel engine isnt necessarily a bad thing. I want a sadev though lol.

diesel boxes will handle more torque than most so it coming off a 2litre diesel engine isnt necessarily a bad thing. I want a sadev though lol.

Theres a couple of turbo corsa c's with diesel box's and the only problem is they have very long gearing once there in a petrol car

With enough power it doesnt really matter imho.
I put a saxo derv gearbox on my ax gt which i turbo'd,
can't remember what the final drive was, but at 1000rpm in 5th it would do 22mph, at about 7300rpm it would do 148!!!
It also 0-60'd in 6.5ish, only had to change to 2nd gear too!
It was the only gearbox that would handle the abuse aswell lol!

I would still prefer a sadev too though lol!