jerky jerky

No, it wasn't a recall.

You should get it when going in for a service as long as you're still under warranty. If outside warranty then you'll have to pay for it

My LY did it when I first bought it, noticed that it didnt do it when I ran it on V Power! Since tried other brands of super plus and the 'kangeroo' comes back. V Power FTW :jase2:

Ours never had this problem, until recently. Its really bad some days and is doing my head in, its only ever had V power in the tank as well.

How recent is this patch you lot speak of, I had a patch done about 2 years ago is this new one?

Saying that it will probably get remapped before long lol

Mine didn't do it for some time (from new). THen it started so had the 'fix'. This cured it for 6 months.

Using the TC doesn't make a difference and neither does the type of fuel. It's not just Clio 3's that do this either, the 182s have a rep for it as well.

This surely is just myth?

As already said, i tend to always let mine warm up for 2-3 mins and take it slow to begin with until the temperature starts to rise.

No real issues at all when this is done!
no myth
i thought that when i was told at pistonheads car show by someone
it works for me :wink:

i think this patch is auto matically done when servicing is done ect, i remember jase mentioning that he lost his remap after a visit to renault, so it makes me think that it just flags up on the system when the cars go in servicing and they upload any recent ecu updates. i instructed mine dealer the last time it went not to do any updates and even put stickers by the diagnostic port stating not to update as i was running a remap, abit drastic but didnt want to risk it, but they seem to understand want i was saying.

Join the club.

I felt like f******g Skippy the Kangaroo this morning, worst is when you forget it jerks and try and give it the beans a bit haha.

thanks for all the replies people, havent been on for a few days but it looks like its very common.

ill give some of the advice a go but tempted to get in to the stealers for this patch.

Renault Wolverhampton told me there wasn't any ECU update and that dealers just say that to shut customers up! Lol! Well, he didn't say it exactly like that tbh, but that's what he made it out to be. They said all Clio Renault Sport models do it and it's a characteristic of the 2.0 l engine. So I'm not sure, they could be bulls**tting, or the other dealers could be.

All I know is that running it on 99 RON has stopped mine kangerooing.

i think this patch is auto matically done when servicing is done ect, i remember jase mentioning that he lost his remap after a visit to renault, so it makes me think that it just flags up on the system when the cars go in servicing and they upload any recent ecu updates. i instructed mine dealer the last time it went not to do any updates and even put stickers by the diagnostic port stating not to update as i was running a remap, abit drastic but didnt want to risk it, but they seem to understand want i was saying.

Your damn right! I did the exact same thing!

i instructed mine dealer the last time it went not to do any updates and even put stickers by the diagnostic port stating not to update as i was running a remap, abit drastic but didnt want to risk it, but they seem to understand want i was saying.

Dont blame you, i always tell dealer not to wash my car when it goes in. Couple of months back it went in to be assessed for some work under warranty. I discussed the work to be done with the workshop guys, and the manager said he would bring my car back around to reception and to met me there. Ten minutes later he turns up looking well proud of himself and gives it " cor blimey your car was filthy so i gave it a wash for you" ... need i say any more? :chair: :chair: :chair:

Suffice to say, next time the car goes anywhere near a garage, for any reason, its getting a bloody big note on the steering wheel saying DO NOT WASH - it's still covered in swirls :bored: :bored: :bored:

Eh, let your car idle for a few mins before you head off, bad practice not to anyway since you need to let the oil do the rounds. Once the car is warm it's all dandy.

Eh, let your car idle for a few mins before you head off, bad practice not to anyway since you need to let the oil do the rounds. Once the car is warm it's all dandy.

Totally incorrect - once started the car should be driven, most wear occurs when cold and if the engine is idling at the same rev's it makes the situation worse, it will cause uneven wear.

The only time an engine should be left idling is if its a turbo thats just been ran hard, and thats to protect the bearings in the turbo.

Not heard anyone say that before Rich!

The two things that really need the thin, warm oil are the bottom end bearings and the tappets, both will wear more severely when engine rpm is higher.

Don't let a cold engine sit idling, and at the same time don't rev a cold engine hard for the reasons You mention, besides, oil takes upto 20 minutes of driving before reaching the correct operating temperature, the water temperature has little to do with oil temperature :smile:

Totally incorrect - once started the car should be driven, most wear occurs when cold and if the engine is idling at the same rev's it makes the situation worse, it will cause uneven wear.

The only time an engine should be left idling is if its a turbo thats just been ran hard, and thats to protect the bearings in the turbo.

correct - engines warm up far faster under some load which they dont do if ticking over

most handbooks (well on all the cars i have had) recommend drving straight away when cold

Similar Thread Suggestions