jerky jerky

As a fairly new R27 owner im getting a bit frustrated with the kangaroo games it plays.

Is there no known fix for this? mine seem to do it when warm occasionally, about 1800-2000 rpm its like the engine cuts out. its worst in town when on light throttle.

just about snaps my neck lol:thumb1:

As a fairly new R27 owner im getting a bit frustrated with the kangaroo games it plays.

Is there no known fix for this? mine seem to do it when warm occasionally, about 1800-2000 rpm its like the engine cuts out. its worst in town when on light throttle.

just about snaps my neck lol:thumb1:

Not really. You can compensate for it when you get used to it though.

As soon as it starts to do it let go of all the pedals then start again ull find that the kangarooing is made worse by u touching the gas while been thrown about. Throttle is too responsive at low revs on standard ecu

As soon as it starts to do it let go of all the pedals then start again ull find that the kangarooing is made worse by u touching the gas while been thrown about. Throttle is too responsive at low revs on standard ecu

cheers,

So there is no remap to help with things?

Active solution patch at the stealers FOC-

takes around 40 mins

Also - Super unleaded petrol- normal petrol FTL

Ive had around 20 & they ALL do it- the worst is on a slight incline when cold- in second gear you can actually get slower when you put your foot down-

Remaps etc do not get rid of the flat spot

My LY doesnt kangaroo.....:wink:

S

Active solution patch at the stealers FOC-

takes around 40 mins

Also - Super unleaded petrol- normal petrol FTL

Ive had around 20 & they ALL do it- the worst is on a slight incline when cold- in second gear you can actually get slower when you put your foot down-

Remaps etc do not get rid of the flat spot

My LY doesnt kangaroo.....:wink:

S

ah i may take it down to the stealers then,:jump1:

she is running on Super unleaded. yea know what you mean about getting slower in second.

one day it would accelerate at all, as if the speed limiter was on.

I had the ECU update done and it made no difference at all.

The car seemed to stop doing it totally when I put Super Unleaded in it. When it was doing it, i'd just change up a gear, that stopped it too :smile:

I have no idea if mine had the dealer remap but I had a remap by Matt at TDF and its been significantly better since then, not perfect but it no longer annoys me.

I've also found super unleaded fuel is better, slightly keeping your foot on the accelerator whilst changing gear also seems to make things a lot smoother. And strangely I find putting your foot down a bit more makes it less noticeable, light throttle is worst case

I had the ECU update done and it made no difference at all.

The car seemed to stop doing it totally when I put Super Unleaded in it. When it was doing it, i'd just change up a gear, that stopped it too :smile:

Yup

Hit the clutch or change up.

Doesn't seem to be mentioned here, but let the car start and idle for at least a minute preferably 2 or 3 especially in cold weather, then drive steady for the couple of miles until engine temp starts to rise. Never have the kangarooing issue when I do this, but I do get it when I get in and drive straight away from cold. Once it starts, then it won't stop even when at normal running temp. Once you've given it a couple of minutes before you rev or drive it, it seems to solve the problem and then you can drive as normal without issue. Even starting after a stop for a while you won't need to idle again unless it's gone completely cold for a few hours.

Try it, it should solve the issue, also super unleaded helps and definately runs smoother and quicker!

turn T/C off for 2 mins when you drive off

This surely is just myth?

As already said, i tend to always let mine warm up for 2-3 mins and take it slow to begin with until the temperature starts to rise.

No real issues at all when this is done!

I tried the traction control thing for a while, did seem to help but might all be in the mind!

Similar Thread Suggestions