Jake's RB Clio 197 Track Car

I am no expert but I have read in a few places that the synchros don’t like a modifier.

No modifier in my gripper box oil just ELF. It’s a megane box so might vary slightly. Just saying like above.
Might be worth double checking. Jade developments have a high reputation so would be surprised if you’ve been ill advised

No modifier in my gripper box oil just ELF. It’s a megane box so might vary slightly. Just saying like above.
Might be worth double checking. Jade developments have a high reputation so would be surprised if you’ve been ill advised

Sean actually never said to add the modifier, he just said to change the oil i probably should have asked before adding it really. I read somewhere a few folks added it to theirs (not a clio mind).

Reactions: Big Ben
Drained the gearbox oil out this afternoon and put in exactly the same as before without the modifier. Thanks @LiamP @Big Ben and @RSRowe for the heads up much appreciated.

Fitted the door cards and overchecked all the nuts and bolts in the interior, secured the front and rear bumper. It's covered in dust needs a good wash down but I'll do that when it comes back from Sean's.

Screenshot_20230109_142447_Gallery.jpg

I'm looking forward to the car getting picked up and it not being in the garage, got a skip being delivered Thursday so can actually have a proper clear out.

Garage update for anyone interested:

So the plan was a well needed clear out of the garage after the clio got dropped off to Jade Developments. It still looked bad once it was cleared so I decided to do a little project.

Snapchat-1167535831.jpg
Snapchat-559838344.jpg

I started off with removing the rubber mats and giving the floor a wash/degrease (new build garages are really dusty)

Snapchat-1041776048.jpg

I got some masonary paint and gave the walls another coat, a couple more strip lights and primed the floor.

Snapchat-1760712436.jpg

I then decided to go all out and board the ceiling, 8x4 sheets by myself :coldsweat:

Snapchat-324728958.jpg

Adding access to the loft I insulated the back end and middle section and boarded up part of the loft for storage.

20230127_111251.jpg
20230127_125113.jpg
1 board short!

I'm going to get another pack or 2 of boards and another roll of insulation and do that at some point.

Next up was to paint the ceiling, I done 3 coats in total. It isn't perfect but best it was going to get by doing it myself.

Snapchat-1228073415.jpg

I couldn't not get myself a proper storage/cabinet unit so with FFX having 10% off on their ebay store I brought a Draper unit. Really nice bit of kit, I got a second hand sealey worktop coming during the week to extend the worktop along the back wall.

20230127_153907.jpg

I got some wheel wall hooks for the speedlines to free up some space, used some proper 80mm wall anchors.

Snapchat-1602601558.jpg

Just spent the weekend doing the second fix adding in some more sockets and another light switch. Also finally got round to putting the Epoxy down on the floor which has transformed it massively.

Snapchat-28783713.jpg
Snapchat-1604729293.jpg

Still a few more bits to do but over the moon with how it looks now, it was only suppose to be a little clear out lol!

Last edited:
Picked the car up from Sean this morning, all is well with the new tank and also asked him to wire up the heater. Really impressed with the heater, kept me surprisingly warm.

20230206_104803.jpg
20230206_105143.jpg

Booked Donington for 13th February got a couple little bits to sort out but they won't take me long. I don't think I'm going to be able to get it MOT'd so would like to try get 3 track days in before it runs out on 16th March as I'm not planning on getting a trailer till next year, but we'll see.

Also extended the worktop in the garage, managed to get a second hand sealey worktop on ebay for a bargain and also swapped out the shelf for a shelving unit.

20230204_140553.jpg
Snapchat-295589109.jpg

Home sweet home :hearteyes:

Snapchat-534519859.jpg

Donington update:

Got there nice and early and got everything set up.

Snapchat-377948070.jpg

I managed 6 sessions before lunch 5 of which were red flagged. I was getting so annoyed as everytime I got the tyres up to temp a red flag came out. I done 2 sessions after lunch, the first went really well. I was out for around 50 minutes and not once did I lose confidence in the tyres, they're really in a different league compared to the AR1s and MRFs (which were also good).

The second session after lunch I could smell something coming from the car, came in and had a good look around, checked all fluids and underneath but couldn't see anything wrong. Went to go back out and another red flag so I called it a day (I had to be home for 5 anyway).

I was so impressed with the car especially during the 50 minute session I done it nevee skipped a beat. No major issues with the car, drivers window kept sliding down a couple mm and it would pop out at the top so I'll probably silicone it in place or chuck a couple more bolts in.

Annoyingly I deleted all the footage I got on the day besides the end of the 50 minute session. I am going to try retrieve the deleted videos though as I had some good battles. Other than that it was mostly 5 minutes of driving then red flags lol.

Here's 1 of very few clear laps

I got Cadwell in March then it'll be getting sorn'd again as MOT will have ran out and I've already spent far too much money! (And I can save for more goods for this winter). I would like some more power from the car, I think that's where it really lacks but we'll see what options are available at the end of the year.