iPad =0 oooopsiiieeee

Hey all
Girlfriends dad has been asking me to update his ipad for a while, this week he is working away so ive done it....

Everything has been wiped off it. now i feel like ****!

he had like 3 stars on all the angry birds and everything.....

Tell me i can get this all back =0

Slowly re downloading all the apps again (clicking that cloud download from purchases) but god i feel bad =0

When syncing iTunes makes a backup of the iPad so that if anything goes wrong you can restore it from the backup.

yep just do a restore. if you get stuck, just do a factory reset on the ipad, and then plug it into the mac (or pc) and it will ask you whether you want to set it up as a new ipad or restore it from a backup.

good luck! :smile:

he brought it form the shop and they synced it there... he never plugged it into another computer. i plugged it into mine today and whooooops..... all gone. i did click back up but never ok'd anything which said data might be lost

he brought it form the shop and they synced it there... he never plugged it into another computer. i plugged it into mine today and whooooops..... all gone. i did click back up but never ok'd anything which said data might be lost

WHOOPS! :jumpon:

NORMALLY. When you make any changes and go to sync and iDevice then it performs a back up first.

Plug it back in but don't sync. Right click on the device on the left hand panel and click 'Restore from backup' (Or something along those lines) then see if the back up is there.

How many days do you have left?

You could be quite good at angry birds by the time he's back off holiday :rofl::rofl:

If he has never synced it to his own computer thats why it will have wiped a lot of the info, but it shouldn't have deleted things like game save data.

Try a restore, or be the absolute best boyfriend you can be, I mean really suck up to the misses, you dont want her going out and finding someone that knows how to use iTunes properly :wink:

iTunes usually goes through the back up stage before anything is changed. OP have you tried what I posted?

if you updated to a new IOS via the pc then it FORCES you to create a back up.
Having updated mine a few days back it annoyed me as I didn't want to create a back up to update as I had one I had created but I couldn't update without it backing up.

If you plugged it in, then set it up as a new device and then updated then its bye bye data and there is no way to get it back.