I want another ClioSport

Some weight savings numbers:

KW Clubsports are 1.7Kgs lighter than standard Cup suspension.

OZ Ultraleggeras are 8.4Kgs (4 wheels) lighter than standard Speedlines

Recaro Pole Positions are 14.4Kgs (2 seats) lighter than standard Recaros

Removal of back seats will save 19.2Kgs

Akrapovic exhuast will save 7Kgs (estimate) over standard exhaust

Total saved 38.3Kgs

If you consider that the Cup is 46Kgs lighter than the FF then if you Cup your FF (Remove aircon, electric mirrors etc) then you could see a savng of 84.3Kgs (Which is quite a bit).

Further removal of door cards for carbon badboys will see a weight saving of 4.8Kgs (7.8Kgs-2.8Kgs).

Stereo and speaker removal saving of 2.5Kgs.

Removal of front fogs saving of 1Kg

0.5l of window spray instead of filling the bottle will see a saving of 4Kgs

Not filling the fuel tank all the way up (Quarter tank instead of full tank) weight saving of 32Kgs

Start off with a cup and you'd be ahead allready.

Why not look for a cat C/D car if it's going to be a track day car, 3k could get you a cosmetic damaged car or a little bit more for an allready repaired car.

Haven't read all the thread, but, if you want to get rid of some *luxuries* to make it lighter, find someone who doesnt have luxuries, and swap all you wiring loom (in door cards say) for the electric mirrors, swap handles etc and then you have the parts to convert back, and then put ya carbon fibre mirror things on?

Why not look for a cat C/D car if it's going to be a track day car, 3k could get you a cosmetic damaged car or a little bit more for an allready repaired car.

tbh, this, or buy a old ph1 172/ph2 172, thats would be what i would do, in a dream world lol.

KW Clubsports are 1.7Kgs lighter than standard Cup suspension. £1200?

OZ Ultraleggeras are 8.4Kgs (4 wheels) lighter than standard Speedlines £750?

Recaro Pole Positions are 14.4Kgs (2 seats) lighter than standard Recaros £600

Akrapovic exhuast will save 7Kgs (estimate) over standard exhaust £1000?

Total saved 38.3Kgs

If you consider that the Cup is 46Kgs lighter than the FF then if you Cup your FF (Remove aircon, electric mirrors etc) then you could see a savng of 84.3Kgs (Which is quite a bit).

Those mods are not far off £4k though. If you take into account the cost of the car plus mods you'll be looking at £6-7k. At this point, you may as well buy something made for the job; http://pistonheads.com/sales/3683317.htm

The cost of modding a new car though

KW Clubsports are 1.7Kgs lighter than standard Cup suspension.

£1500.00

OZ Ultraleggeras are 8.4Kgs (4 wheels) lighter than standard Speedlines

£1000.00

Recaro Pole Positions are 14.4Kgs (2 seats) lighter than standard Recaros

£1500.00 with base frames

free

Akrapovic exhuast will save 7Kgs (estimate) over standard exhaust

£1200.00

Total saved 38.3Kgs - For £5200.00 !!!!

It is expensive but if you wanna keep the current car then unfortunatly it'll cost more money as the aftermarket parts for the Clio 3 aint cheap.

Also remember the aditional costs of owning another car. Tax, insurance etc. Plus the cost of buying the track car and maintaining it.

And having a better lighter car does not always mean faster

its down to the conditions and the driver

Car below white on has 225 bhp , exhaust , 8j wheels , yoko's , cams , headwork , Clubsports etc etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=NwQ_jAPYdKA

just shows with the changing conditions sometimes less is more as camera car has R888's and thats it !

When running in the wet though you need to soften the car up. On a dry track the white one would disappear.

Again driver skill is another thing to consider when track driving. I've passed/kept up with much more expensive/track focussed cars on the track.

When running in the wet though you need to soften the car up. On a dry track the white one would disappear.

no doubt but what im saying is on the straight there is not much difference and that remains unchanged regardless of condition
plus you have to know what to change if you have all the gear , or be bothered lol as when its raining the last thing i would want to do is lay on the floor and mess with suspension lol

Loose the windows? Put poly windows in, though I'd leave the windscreen as is as its structural to the car.
If you dont mind the totally bare look, you could rip all the internal plastics out. But to me, thats too much.
Agree completely. Plastic windows would be one for when it's 100% track car only - no or very little road use.

After you've bought all these things, would it not be more beneficial to just s/charge or put a meg lump in?
I'd need a much bigger budget. There's more to potentially go wrong. I don't have the skills/understanding to do such a task. It'd be ace to strip the car AND drop a meg lump in though. :smiley:

Before id even do anything i would do a track day !!!!

The though of making or buying a track day car having never done one is lunacy .
Yeah, I can appreciate that. I wont be doing anything for a few months anyway, by when I'll have been on a track once or twice. :wink: With that said, and from my OP, I think I know what I want to do. Like I said, it's only marginally quicker than a 182/172 in the twisties. I want it to be a LOT quicker...

Total saving of the above: 128.6Kgs
That's an awesome saving. It'd make me feel bad for eating a mars bar lol.

Yeah, that's a good idea man. I saw a 3k trophy that was a cat D and looked mint... Like you say - for a track car, it's not a bad idea!

Well, after all of this, I'm still not decided. Whether to start modding my 197 or whether to start looking at a cat C/D 182........

I've considered buying an old 172 but tbh its a lot of hassle with owning another car.

In a year or two, the green one will be getting treated to the above treatment (for the most part) that I posted above.

Though really would like to Meg it.

do what im doing chap im going for some good old jap C~@p rev 3 MR 2 £2.5 k ish mid eng RWD. cheap to mod and v fast :thumbup1:

Yeah, that's not a bad idea Lee... I'll have a butchers.

Martin, you gonna keep the green beast for a long time then?

LOL!!! Silly boy!!

I wish I could have had this option :wink:

The 182 is a stunner, I think you should get a black one :wink::wink: