How often do you take her to redline?

After reading this thread decided to hear the 'beeps' for the first time since ownership :thumbup:
keep trying to do this once a week to 'clear the air' must've been the weather (blue skies/sun) but it felt really good today

Last edited:
After reading this thread decided to hear the 'beeps' for the first time since ownership :thumbup:
keep tring to do this once a week to 'clear the air' must've been the weather (blue skies/sun) but it felt really good today

All engines love the cool crisp air that winter brings.

Every morning for the last year and a half when I'm going to work.. 15-20 minutes in to my commute I join a motorway..

Any day I drive the car and no one else is about/in the car I do it..

Now, we know that these things can break even when they have "only ever been looked after" (http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13679).

So do you enjoy the car and hope for the best, or caress it all the time terrified it will break?
I made a cross diagram to help us out.

infogram.jpg

As you can see, the best that can possibly happen if you caress this car is that you will become a smug b**tard, don't be that guy, nobody likes that guy.

The only reasonable approach is to abuse this car and hope that you fall into the 'massive win' box, and if you don't, you had your fun, right?

Got to admit I use mine like this once a week. Although I take it to the shift lights up, not as far as beeps (that's once in a blue moon) normally shift just over 7k so it's up high just not to redline.

when i first had it all the time. half the time didnt even realise i was doing it lol

My car has always been well maintained, serviced every 5,000 with the best possible oil etc, cleaned every week, best brakes, tyres etc. My dad has his own mechanics garage so it would be rude not to make the most of this privilege. However, I do like to drive the car hard once warmed up and Iv done 3 track days this year in it. Con rods have gone and i'm still waiting to hear from renault as to what they intend to do about it. Its a car at the end of the day. If you want frugal motoring and to potter around like an old fart, get a diesel. Simple as.

i break through the 6krpm most times iam in the car, and near the ton most days. thats why i bought it. drive it like you stole it i say.

altho i dont see the point in taking her to the shift light as it peaks before, better to keep it in the boilie bit.

Why wouldn't I red line it all the time? It still under warranty, it's a lease and I'm giving it back in under a year :lol: