How often do you take her to redline?

Today, having had my car a couple of months now, I feel massively guilty for giving her a thrashing a couple of times off the lights today.

I'm addicted to the ecstasy i feel every time that shift bleep 'bleeps' and i bury my foot into the next gear shooting off into the future, leaving the past in my rear view.

I LOVE my car, and I'm constantly torn between treating her like a princess, or treating her with the reckless animal lust I'd get from a night with Cheryl Cole.....yes...all 6.8 seconds of it :cloud9:

Problem is, if i keep treating her with raw unadulterated passion, i'm afraid i'm going to wake up one morning and find her broken, with a sad and lonely expression, longing for rehabilitation and the tender touch of another owner.

She's so beautifully crafted, and the noises she makes are so appealing, i just want to get her to climax every time we are together.

Disclaimer: I would also like to make it absolutely clear, that my liaisons are completely legal, and take place whilst adhering to applicable limits as stated by law.

Will i get through this addiction, do i need help.
;/

Last edited:
After all week driving my van. Getting into my Clio I feel like I have to let all my stress out and give it the beans everywhere. I trek mine more like a slut than a princess lol. But she does get looked after washed every weekend and a warm garage to sleep in. Agreed it is the only way to drive it!

I'll go through 2nd, 3rd & 4th with ''vigour'' at least once a week to clear the cobwebs.

On a well-lit private road with the consent of the owner of course, officer.

You should be more concerned if you don't take it to the limiter often. A good run in is better than bumbling around below 2000 rpm. As long as the engine is warmed up properly, give it all you like. Hence the name Renault Sport, they designed the power to be at the top end and they know it will be used often. She's not a slut if only you do those things properly to her lol.

Not that often to be honest, rarely get the chance as the roads are so busy. Its only late night blasts on country roads when I think it's suitable!

I feel the same way tbh. I'm just worried that I will knacker something of I hoon it too much.........despite having a brand new engine 7k ago I still worry about it! But by god it feels good when you do!

I feel the same way tbh. I'm just worried that I will knacker something of I hoon it too much.........despite having a brand new engine 7k ago I still worry about it! But by god it feels good when you do!

It might go wrong, but you'll end up hating the car unless you make the most of it.

Hooning is the future :smile:

they come alive when you spank em :thumbup:

been using mine this week......and i cant resist giving it sum :bounce:

Thing is, drive carefully for a while then have a proper late night thrash across some decent roads and it feels electric! Do it every day and it loses the excitement

Don't often get the chance living in cardiff, and I only drive 5 miles to work (if I drive there!) so it's only just warmed up properly by the time i'm there. Coming back from work there's a tunnel leading onto a dual carriageway, fully warmed up or not I can't help myself through there!

I used to like giving mine some most nights when it was warmed up. That was on the drive to the missus' house most evenings. I'd drive it normally on the way home.

You've gotta open the taps, after all that's what they're built to do and what they love. If you don't redline it then your car will be even more unhappy and sad that it's not being used to all it's potential. It's like these people that buy Ferrari's and Lambos and just park them in the garage, so sad, not what the car was born to do is it.

I'm more worried about your passionate relationship with your 'car' lol.

But on a plus note the cars have alot of parts, albeit minor changes, shared with cup racers and they're expected to do a whole season of abuse. That always makes me feel better.

Done about 5 trackdays and uncountable drag racing with heavy launches and so far the cars still works as well as the day I picked it up.

I always red line it, 40,000 later the 200 its still going strong anne iv only ever had one problem which was fixed under warranty.

All to often you hear from people that something is always going wrong with their motor, proclaiming that they only drive it on a Sunday so it should be perfect but there lies the problem. It was the same when I had a Ducati, those that only took it out occassionally always had problems, I used it everyday and it run perfectly.

Clio's are designed to be driven hard!
As long as you look after it..ie regular oil changes etc..then it should never be a problem.
Preventive maintainence is the key 8)