GW 200 FF+Cup

Some nice updates there Ken. Particularly like the Madeno kit, shame that you had to make alterations.

The exhaust issue where its higher one side is on every car and every exhaust I seen so far.

thanks for all the comments

nutnutwelshman; that price is just for the drivers side seat base. it fits by simply removing the whole seat from the car by removing the 4 torx bolts then removing the base and the 2 side bolts holding the seat back to the frame and swapping the runners onto the new frame kit reassembling the seat back onto the lower frame.

i have left the passenger side OEM - i can't justify another £400 for it when i rarely take passengers. only time i ever take passengers is on track days.

its laughably high compared to the drivers seat. hard to know what renault were thinking of!

Last edited:
Took advantage of 30% off at euroc separate.com and bought some NGK spark plugs for the car - £27 for. Set of 4 isn't too bad at all.

car is only 20k miles old but I'm booked in for a remap end of Jan and the bloke said its worth changing the plugs before I have it done even though they're not due.

booked in at automark in stokesley who came recomended and seems to really know his stuff.

think I did a how to guide on here for spark plugs a few years back!

Well the part came today. Thanks to Giacomo

I won't be home from offshore until Christmas Eve but will try and get this fitted as soon as possible and write a review of the product.

I'm hoping this makes my clios driving position as close to perfect for me as possible along with my lowered seat frame.

07A4788D-BD03-4D1F-9DB4-038B69353D52_zpst0gw32x4.gif

7D573040-3314-4AAB-84A4-FFF083AABD5E_zpsgpt9vzq3.gif

7341F640-B980-4A8E-A5BB-880ED97B196A_zpsiva6ezc8.gif

yeah i love it

i went out for a drive across the north york moors today and its definitely improved performance. throttle response is way better as is low down power

the noise is starting to settle down now and is barely any louder on motorways now - when i first fitted it i thought it was loud but it must be coking up a bit and sounds much more subtle now, hough when you boot it it sounds pretty epic!

its expensive but worth it IMO as it is a nice piece of kit and definitely improves the car even without a remap which many other exhausts don't do.

no i didn't fit the spacer kit.

I have decided to buy this instead

http://www.jjcraceandrally.com/race/steering-wheels/omp-corsica-steering-wheel

got the steering wheel and boss kit for £160 all in from JJC

this steering wheel has a 95mm dish so will bring the wheel out closer to me

obviously it might cause problems come MOT time but will cross that bridge when i come to it

does anyone want the spacer kit giacomo gave me? I'm not going to fit it anymore as i have this steering wheel coming.

went to RS tuning today

really pleased with the results

the car pulls much stronger in the lower and mid range and seems to rev more freely.

f1c2cf1d-adf9-443d-a7ae-e5999346b906_zpsdb459db6.gif

53A46A8D-4741-48EB-8697-20FE4D2C059F_zpsczskip4l.gif

definitely worth doing.

i was hoping for 190bhp on RS's dyne so I'm pleased with the results

on the road the car is a lot better though which is where it matters. i don't want to get to wrapped up in numbers as each dyne is different etc but i just wanted the car to feel better and be sure it was running right.

in the frist 4 gears you really feel the difference. on the motorway home it was hard to see a difference apart from better throttle response and a little smoother but while accelerating on 'proper roads' its a definite improvement and feels smoother still.

can't wait to try it on the track to see what difference its made there.

yours was pretty high to start with wasn't it?

he reckons mine would have pulled 185bhp for the base run OEM map if he ran it a couple more times but he just got on with changing the map after the 180bhp run.

yours was pretty high to start with wasn't it?

he reckons mine would have pulled 185bhp for the base run OEM map if he ran it a couple more times but he just got on with changing the map after the 180bhp run.
yeah was around 195bhp first run without the map then 200bhp after the map then he tweeked it when i put the akrapovic on to 204.But like you say its not all about the numbers its how it feel when giving it some,much more responsive and smoother.