GW 200 FF+Cup

I paid £1077 for same wheels and Good Year F1 tyres including bolts fitting kitt , wheel alignment . Gotta shop around

Last edited:
I didn't want Goodyear f1s. Why would I put road tyres on my track wheels?

Try and find 4x AD08 for under £120 a corner in stock.

OZ wheels are more expensive now. Demon Tweeks sold them for £750 just a few months ago.

Sorry pal was just using the tyres as an example good years just as exspensive as ado8 got my wheels from Demon tweeks £650 about 4 weeks ago as they only had two sets left and wanted to shift them did me a deal .

Sorry pal was just using the tyres as an example good years just as exspensive as ado8 got my wheels from Demon tweeks £650 about 4 weeks ago as they only had two sets left and wanted to shift them did me a deal .

Demon Tweeks quoted me £750 for wheels then said they had none in stock would be full price and didn't have ad08s so with tyres they quoted near £1400 I think

I maybe could have got cheaper but the problem is everyone is charging silly money for AD08s at the minute

To be honest I'm happy with £470 for 4 tyres fitted

I could have had eagle F1 for £90 a tyre but wanted track rubber.

Yeah hopefully prices will go back to normal then. Pity they didn't make a large enough overlap stock before they stopped making them.

Small update on my car.

I have changed the gearbox oil and am abou to change the brake lines and fluid ready for croft this weekend.

null_zpse2ad0774.gif

managed to get a full 2litres in there. 1.8 litres came out and it was pretty clean so probably not worth doing. I suspect someone has changed the oil before as the drain plug washer was a copper washer not a rubber and metal type.

car is going in for a alignmet on a hunters machine tomorrow and to pick up my new wheels and tyres ready for croft.

gearbox plugs do have a "normal" washer - don't usually need changing

also confirms what I thought about Renault underfilling the gearboxes...wonder if this contributes to gearbox wear...

i managed to get 2 litres of oil in the box by jacking it up on one side only (passenger side) so the filler hole was much higher

no way would 2 litres go in if the car was filled while level

so i had the wheel alignment done today and all is spot on now - one wheel was tracking to the left a little and steering wheel not aligned right due to a poor alignment in the past.

null_zpsec9e9168.gif

also picked up my new wheels ready for croft at the weekend

null_zpse8606322.gif

null_zpse84370dd.gif

null_zps96a3e8fd.gif

a coat of poorboys sealant and theyre ready to go on. took ages to seal these due to the amount of spokes!

im going to weigh them to compare them to my speedline wheels with road tyres but im sure these feel heavier than the standard wheels and tyres. may just be because they seem bigger or due to them being 8" wide and now have 225 tyres. im hoping theyr are lighter than the speed lines as the weight saving is the main reason i wanted these wheels!

New wheels look mint, keep looking at these in red for the Meg but not sure they do them in the right offset

Fitted the wheels today ready for croft trackday totomorrow.

I weighed them and with AD08s they're bang on 18kg.

my speedlines with a 3000mile old avons weighs 19.5kg so that's a good weigh saving each corner with the OZ's

They look great too. Love the amount they stick out now!

null_zps68489255.gif

null_zpscd68feb3.gif

all I need now are KW club sports.