GW 200 FF+Cup

Heres a progress thread for my clio 200

GW FF with cup pack, recaro's, speedlines and spoiler, RS gear knob, carbon dash and parrot

file_zps2d97a4d0.gif

file_zps065bb9ff.gif

This car will be mostly used for track days and B-roads. I had a 197 (on this forum a few years back) and missed the handling and driver involvement and considered all sorts of cars such as lotus elise, R26R, M3 etc but decided to go for a decent spec 200.

things done so far are;
first off i gave it a proper wash, iron-x and de-tar, clay, polish, seal and wax.
wheels cleaned and sealed

file_zps6031142b.gif

file_zps8dcf81f2.gif

file_zps43ff17ce.gif

car was de-clio-badged before i got it.

file_zpscccd7644.gif

silver indicator bulbs fitted all round

file_zpsc7644bc3.gif

file_zpsc5289e01.gif

pipercross air filter element - original was filthy

null_zpsedd07155.gif

null_zpsbc03a5b3.gif

oil and filter change, cabin filter change

file_zps6c91f1ca.gif

RS steering wheel trim

file_zpsaca2e09c.gif

DS2500 pads to go on and calipers to clean and free off as brakes are sticking

file_zpsece5159b.gif

file_zpsa8ddee81.gif

file_zps0f05c94d.gif

things to do next on the list;
4 trackdays booked so far!

file_zpsca309c55.gif

fit the brake pads and clean the callipers
taking it in to renault to get the b-pillar rubber seals replaced as they spilt (as usual). also i think there is some play in the rack ends so will let them look at it.
wheel alignment needs sorting but i want to get renault to check the steering rack first before i do this.
HEL brake lines and fluid upgrade to do.
exhaust system if i can get to listen to a few and decide which i like
tyres will need changing soon so going to go for some AD08's

possible things to do once warranty is finished;
coilovers
spare set of wheels with sticky tyres
remap

Last edited:
Looks brilliant Ken, some good little touches. I'm running HEL braided lines with DS2500 pads and updated fluid (Motul RBF600) and find the setup very good - I'm sure you'll find them to hold up well on track.

Like the idea of the club URL on your helmet too!

did you fit the hoses yourself? do you have to bleed the clutch as well as the calipers? my golf gti clutch has to be bled when changing fluid

blyton park next week and croft in july, august and september

im going to go to RS at oulton park in august if i can get the time off work too

yep ive got some AD08's ordered.

just going to get a trackday out of the tyres thats on then that will be the rears ready for the skip and the fronts can go on ebay as theyre only a couple of thousand miles old!

small update;

fitted the front and rear pads today and what a nightmare...

the rears were an absolute disgrace. the pads and calipers were clogged up with dirt and grit (car was filthy underneath when i got it)

the pads were sized solid in the calipers and some of the pad material was coming away from the backing plate.

i wound the pistons in and out a few times and sprayed them with lube and got them freed off

new pads fitted and plenty of molycote applied!

the fronts i was hoping would be easy as the car is only 20m old but same story - calipers clogged with crud and the pins seized solid. had to get pretty brutal with the hammer to get them out. chipped some of the caliper paint too which is bloody annoying but unavoidable.

i had to cut one pin out as i bent it, 2 came out perfectly and one was a struggle but salvageable

i bought 2 pairs though from a local supplier for an eye watering £60... i will keep the old ones as spares.

the fronts pads were so seized in the calipers i had to chisel them out. i thoroughly cleaed the calipers and lubed the pistons and the leading edge of the new pads and the caliper. surely this isnt done in the factory as they shouldnt be this bad.

null_zpsdf9a0748.gif

luckily the discs front and rear are good so thats a bonus - i have some new brembo discs on the way which will be kept for next time.

and a new helmet sticker

null_zps89286b31.gif

first teackday done today at blyton park

really enjoyed it - the car was faultless, great fun and was able to put some much more powerful motors to shame!

the DS2500 pads were really impressive on track and on road so im pleased with them

going to have to get some decent boots on it as after 4 or 5 laps they seemed to get quite greasy and go off a bit.

im also going to consider coilovers at some point. maybe v3's.

next trackday confirmed is croft in july so looking forward to it.

_LND0218_zps93694c77.gif

file_zpsda262458.gif

file_zps7e708f16.gif

small update

just ordered a set of OZ ultraleggera 17's in matte black with 225/45/17 AD08's for my track wheels!

i wanted to keep 215 tyres but just cant find them anywhere. if i dont like the 225 i will just go back to 215 once these tyres are finished.

got a good deal on them from revolution - AD08s are bloody hard to find too!

i will be keeping the speedlines for my road wheels - TBH i think the speedlines take some beating for looks but ive always loved the ultraleggera's

small update

just ordered a set of OZ ultraleggera 17's in matte black with 225/45/17 AD08's for my track wheels!

i wanted to keep 215 tyres but just cant find them anywhere. if i dont like the 225 i will just go back to 215 once these tyres are finished.

i will be keeping the speedlines for my road wheels - TBH i think the speedlines take some beating for looks but ive always loved the ultraleggera's

smart move!good set of lads at Revolution.

small update

Don't have to answer this if you don't want to, but was going to be cheeky and ask how much you paid for the wheels?

No problem, I paid £1270 for the wheels, tyres, bolts and locking nuts, nitrogen filled, black wheel weights

Update to my car - ordered some goodridge hoses and motul RBF600 fluid.

I will change these out as well as the gearbox oil (Fuchs sintofluid) before my next trackday at croft.