Greg's Albi Blue Clio 200

hope all goes well tmr and no advisories..wind deflectors look good but i never bothered as they do snap..
regarding the gear knob-stay away..people report rubbish quality and bad fit..

Reactions: Greg0986
Passed.

The advisories were brake discs slightly worn (already have replacements, just got to fit them), and the rear nearside wheel has minor damage).

All in all, better than I expected!

Not bad results! nice to hear it passed with only minor notes.

I personally have not got wind deflectors as they are a bit of a pain to keep looking clean and sometimes if not fitted right can be noisy and i have also scratched my window before with one :censored:

great news..well done..get them discs sorted and all is good..

Last edited:
Good news on the MOT pass, and always a bonus when the advisories are for things you had planned to change anyway!

Indeed, I even said I have them ready to go on, I just didn't realise that they were that worn to be picked up. There is just slightly a lip, not much though.

The rear wheel damage is from the pothole incident, a minor dent on the inside face of the wheel. Planning on getting it in January and getting it and the other alloy refurbished, so they all look black, and not very dark grey.

Yes! That's what I mean, lovely! I'm a picture freak, and so eager for the arrival of my 197.. Great work there. :wink:

EDIT: I have no idea where, but I've alwazs seen those crazy corners in the UK outside roads... Want.

Great news on the MOT.

LOVE that last picture too. Looks like a bulldog: Muscular, no-nonsense, squat and wide.....ready for action :smile:

It's developed an annoying "feature". Sometimes, you can floor it and it's like its trying to rip your face off, and then the next day, it's like it couldn't pull the socks off your feet. The cambelt was changed by the dealer before I bought it, so I think the timing might not be correct. Would this cause the sluggishness? I have also read about the TDC sensor on the gearbox could be an issue, but all the guides I have seen to remove and clean it aren't clear.

I can't comment on the mechanical side of things, however what I have noticed (on this car as well as other ones), is that they can be sensitive to the temperature - it's almost like they have 'off days' sometimes, as if they don't want to play. That's not to rule out any possible mechanical issues, I just wanted to offer a little bit of perspective.

I can't comment on the mechanical side of things, however what I have noticed (on this car as well as other ones), is that they can be sensitive to the temperature - it's almost like they have 'off days' sometimes, as if they don't want to play. That's not to rule out any possible mechanical issues, I just wanted to offer a little bit of perspective.

+1

Mine LOVES cold-damp air and positively thrives on it. Its ok on warmer days. But "better" this time of year !

It also is particularly sluggish on the cold map.....(Until temp gauge gets to 1st line from zero basically). However i never thrash any vehicle from cold; and wouldn't even think about 'giving it some' until the needle has been around the 2nd line for some time.

Could your problem be MAP sensor related ? Is yours loose.....have you tie-wrapped it down / sealed it with heat-proof silicone or renewed the O-rings that seal it in ?

Plenty of threads here about this "problem".....

I have tie wrapped the map sensor before but couldn't get a good tight seal/it didn't feel like it had any effect on the way the car felt. I might try tomorrow and get it seated. From cold, it's horrendous, I couldn't floor it even if I tried :tongueout:

I have tie wrapped the map sensor before but couldn't get a good tight seal/it didn't feel like it had any effect on the way the car felt. I might try tomorrow and get it seated. From cold, it's horrendous, I couldn't floor it even if I tried :tongueout:

If it were me i'd be looking to get a couple of better fitting O-rings. But some good sealant will do the job i have no doubt. If nothing else its a quick / easy trial that you can tick off the list - even if it doesnt work :smile:

As an aside: Do you let it warm up before driving off ?

I've never really done a winter on standard map (And after re-mapping....the cold-start issue on mine is 95% not an issue).

But many here who complain of the issue on a standard map say the only real way to get over it - is to let it warm-up for 5 mins before setting off.

Good luck.

Reactions: Jimmy
+1 on letting it warm through for a little bit, especially on a colder day. This really does help the kangarooing and general smoothness. Just feels a bit more mechanically sympathetic to let it idle a bit before setting off - I realise that you don't necessarily NEED to do this with modern cars, but I can't see it being harmful, either.

I always leave it a few minutes before moving, I don't turn it on and I'm away :tongueout:

It's just an odd feeling. One minute, floor it in 1st and it throws you in your seat, and the next day, floor it in 1st and you can tell by the engine note and the force on you that's it's not as quick.

Last edited: