Greg's Albi Blue Clio 200

Bet she'll get the mother of all cleans this weekend as a "welcome back"....... :smile:

That's the problem, she is still clean from when she went in! I cleaned her the day before and there isn't a spec of dust on her when Dan gave her back to me. He took real good care of her.

I could still snow foam it and rinse - just cause I can :tongueout:

That's the problem, she is still clean from when she went in! I cleaned her the day before and there isn't a spec of dust on her when Dan gave her back to me. He took real good care of her.

I could still snow foam it and rinse - just cause I can :tongueout:

Have fun if you do !

I'll be waking my neighbours with the same at 5.30am tomorrow.

You a BiltHammer Autofoam guy Greg ?

Have fun if you do !

I'll be waking my neighbours with the same at 5.30am tomorrow.

You a BiltHammer Autofoam guy Greg ?

I go back and forth between Krystal Kleen Detail Blizzard and Autofoam. I just pick what I fancy for that day. You can't however beat the price for Autofoam 5l.

I go back and forth between Krystal Kleen Detail Blizzard and Autofoam. I just pick what I fancy for that day. You can't however beat the price for Autofoam 5l.

Agreed. Think i paid £16 for the last 5L i bought - delivered. I rate it.....

Christ! The timing adjustment and all other bits Dan did has made it an animal! It pulls like it never did before! Before, if I floored it in 1st it will top out at 33mph, now it goes all the way to 40. 2nd gear is an animal now.

The manifold makes the scorpion sound even beefier, yet quiet when needed. All with the added benefit of no flatspot - without a remap.

It goes around corners better as well with more confidence.

Only one more thing left to solve is the wheel wobble over 50mph which a simple wheel re balance should solve...

Any updates regarding the brake squeal mate? Did a new set of pads fix the problem for good?

Christ! The timing adjustment and all other bits Dan did has made it an animal! It pulls like it never did before! Before, if I floored it in 1st it will top out at 33mph, now it goes all the way to 40. 2nd gear is an animal now.

The manifold makes the scorpion sound even beefier, yet quiet when needed. All with the added benefit of no flatspot - without a remap.

It goes around corners better as well with more confidence.

Only one more thing left to solve is the wheel wobble over 50mph which a simple wheel re balance should solve...
I had something similar to this, mine turned out to be the bearings and need a new rear hub. Lucky for me it was still under warranty as had both sides replaced to keep brake disc wear even.

Any updates regarding the brake squeal mate? Did a new set of pads fix the problem for good?

New pads didn't solve it. I even went all out and replaced both front caliper seals and dust boots last week in case that could have been causing it. I am assuming now that the squeal is the pads themselves. I might invest in some Mintex 1155 and see if they squeal.

Hell, I might just buy the cheapest pads I can find and see if they squeal also. The noise is starting to get embarrassing now :tongueout:

Also, in case anyone was wondering if I fell of the end of the earth... I'm in the process of buying my first house. Ex-council, 3 bed, big garden, front drive (no garage though, but the thought of a drive is mind blowing!) The Clio hasn't had a clean in 3 weeks, since coming back from Snowdonia (Epic roads up there). I feel ashamed.

Work today included stripping the exhaust down to the manifold just using axle stands, and installing a new manifold->cat clamp as it was blowing and very loose. It seems to be holding better than before. The scorpion exhaust was NOT designed properly for this car, it seems cobbled together (curves in the pipe not at the right angle etc)

Last edited:
Reactions: DS197
I had a squeal on mine not long back, under the rear back hub there is a metal ring that holds the abs sensor. thats all it does, mine had corroded that much it was scrapping against the inside of the hub causing the squeal. i cut away the corroded bit, the abs sensor is still strong and intact. i was looking at nearly £300 from renault as the ring cant be replaced on its own, that was just for the part. i'll find a picture on my phone and show you when i get a minute.

This needed cutting down. the bit that has the hole in from the abs sensor, around the bottom has now been cut away. doesn't squeal anymore20f92ce39b263aa335b7151d43e5a39a.jpg

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Seeing as my MOT is due soon, I thought i'd treat it to some new boots. 2 front Michelin Pilot Sport 4's fully fitted and balanced for £200. Yes please!

Ohh, and picked up 2 oil changes worth of oil and filters from Euro Car Parts for £40!

Seeing as my MOT is due soon, I thought i'd treat it to some new boots. 2 front Michelin Pilot Sport 4's fully fitted and balanced for £200. Yes please!

Ohh, and picked up 2 oil changes worth of oil and filters from Euro Car Parts for £40!
Great price on the tyres!

Good price that!

Jesus, I didn't actually think I'd feel a difference between the Eagle F1 AS3's and these Pilot Sport 4's but the difference is astounding!. It grips and grips and grips, I feel like I can enter corners faster while before I'd have been worried about under steer. Well worth the extra £15 compared to the Goodyear's.

if anyone is wondering where I got the tyres from, it's TyreShopper and I used the discount code TS5

It's passed its MOT with no advisories and a complement from the tester with how well looked after it is which I thought was funny.

Oil change time next week which was going to happen on Sunday but I wanted to sort the annoying rattle from the exhaust. These cars exhausts have to be aligned PERFECTLY, if they aren't, it vibrates off the heat shields, the axle or the diffuser...

Did I mention the Pilot Sport 4's are amazing?

Reactions: Chris and Micah
Really good regarding the passing the MOT and a compliment from someone like that who spends their job looking at other peoples cars is always welcomed!

It's passed its MOT with no advisories and a complement from the tester with how well looked after it is which I thought was funny.

Oil change time next week which was going to happen on Sunday but I wanted to sort the annoying rattle from the exhaust. These cars exhausts have to be aligned PERFECTLY, if they aren't, it vibrates off the heat shields, the axle or the diffuser...

Did I mention the Pilot Sport 4's are amazing?

They are indeed!!!

Good job passing the MOT :smile: