Greg's Albi Blue Clio 200

Ohhhhh fuckkkk. I have a slight, and I mean very slight crunch going into 3rd. It's got the boggo standard Renault Elf NFP oil in it.

Would it be worth sticking some Fuchs Sintofluid in or even Redline MTL?

Is Redline worth the extra £20?

RL is supposed to be the 'best' for older / higher miles / worn boxes for sure........

Worth a shot before the big bills come ? @Big Ben just sorted his g/box issue with an oil change.

Whens the last time the oil was changed Greg ?

RL is supposed to be the 'best' for older / higher miles / worn boxes for sure........

Worth a shot before the big bills come ? @Big Ben just sorted his g/box issue with an oil change.

Whens the last time the oil was changed Greg ?

February when I had the lower ball joint sorted. I can get it before he weekend and do it Sunday.

@Big Ben what oil did you end up with?

Ohhhhh fuckkkk. I have a slight, and I mean very slight crunch going into 3rd. It's got the boggo standard Renault Elf NFP oil in it.

Would it be worth sticking some Fuchs Sintofluid in or even Redline MTL?

Is Redline worth the extra £20?
In my opinion frequent oil changes are more important than the brand used. I get mine changed every year and have always gone with Elf NFP.

Reactions: sevenfourate
In my opinion frequent oil changes are more important than the brand used. I get mine changed every year and have always gone with Elf NFP.

I subscribe to and have said this numerous times before !

Twice a year for me a the current rate. And the difference has been very noticeable both times. With two different brands. Possibly confirming our collective thoughts Davinder.....

Reactions: DS197
I subscribe to and have said this numerous times before !

Twice a year for me a the current rate. And the difference has been very noticeable both times. With two different brands. Possibly confirming our collective thoughts Davinder.....
I had mine done at the start of the year and again recently when I had my clutch changed and I was amazed at the difference despite having changed it only 6 months ago! I think I'll also start having the gearbox oil changed twice a year :smile:

Reactions: sevenfourate
Try Elf NFJ, I believe it's the newer version of the NFP so there should be an improvement.
I use Fuchs Titan gearsyn in my megane gearbox and it's been fine.

Well, bad news. I've changed the gearbox fluid to Fuchs Titan and it still crunches going into third. It's fatally wounded :worried:

Now I need to look for somewhere to get it fixed, for not a lot of money! Has anyone actually come up with a solution that fixes it permanently?

Well, bad news. I've changed the gearbox fluid to Fuchs Titan and it still crunches going into third. It's fatally wounded :worried:

Now I need to look for somewhere to get it fixed, for not a lot of money! Has anyone actually come up with a solution that fixes it permanently?
@Northloopcup

Seems to be pretty clued up on boxes

Reactions: Northloopcup
Really tempted to sell it now.

These are the issues I'm having with it:

3rd Gear Crunch
Flat Spot
Drivers seat won't move forward or back
Manifold is blowing

To fix all that is going to be near enough £2k

3rd Gear Crunch
Flat Spot
Manifold is blowing

You're between a rock and a hard place Greg.

What's it worth if you sell it with those issues? Not much is my guess.

If you plough £2k into it you'll never get it back.

I've been there mate and I chose to carry on spending.

Fabulous car when they're running well. Just so damned expensive to keep them sweet.

Good luck going forward

3rd Gear Crunch
Flat Spot
Manifold is blowing

If you can get the box out and to me, I can sort the 3rd gear crunch out for about £250. That price will include both the troublesome synchro rings, so the box should be sound for a good while after that.

If you can get the box out and to me, I can sort the 3rd gear crunch out for about £250. That price will include both the troublesome synchro rings, so the box should be sound for a good while after that.

Cheers dude! The issue being is that it's my daily and I haven't got a clue on how to remove it :tongueout:.

There is an exchange service on eBay but it's a bit pricey.

Reactions: Northloopcup
Some good news - the car was booked in with Dan at SJM next week for cambelt, manifold and remap but I've now changed it so it's getting the cambelt, manifold and the gearbox sorted. The remap will have to wait but at least it'll be sorted...

Reactions: Big Ben
Some good news - the car was booked in with Dan at SJM next week for cambelt, manifold and remap but I've now changed it so it's getting the cambelt, manifold and the gearbox sorted. The remap will have to wait but at least it'll be sorted...
I can do a service exchange on the box mate if you'd be interested? Mention me to dan and he will know who I am mate. Me and dan are good friends!

Reactions: Pav and Greg0986
I can do a service exchange on the box mate if you'd be interested? Mention me to dan and he will know who I am mate. Me and dan are good friends!

Where are you based? Dan could take the gearbox out on Monday, give it to you while he does the other stuff and then refit it? I wouldn't know how you'd work that out with him :tongueout: