Greg's Albi Blue Clio 200

Now Xmas is on the way, the misses has said I need to pick one things out of a list of a few things. For me, it is between:

New retrimmed steering wheel
Cup Spoiler
Rear windows tinted

I can't for the life of me decide. The steering wheel would look nice as mine has all but peeled off, the cup spoiler would set the car off nice, but then i'd need to drill holes in the book and I wouldn't feel confident doing it/if I don't like it in the future I am screwed, and I am worried the rear tints will chav the car up a little. Help me out guys, what would you go for out of those 3?
Rear tints won't chav it up, extra tinting was standard on the F1 I believe have a look at mine and you see, your car looks great btw.

Car looks great, love the colour and good write up. Sorry to hear about the wheel damage, hope you are being compensated by the local authority or highways agency.

I hit a pot hole in Northampton and it smashed a hole in my sump a couple of years ago. The repair was £600 and I applied to the local council to foot the bill, it took them over a year to agree to pay 75% of the cost but mainly because the person who was dealing with my claim died during the process.

I'd go for the steering wheel first. To me it's important to get the 'feel' of the car right before worrying about how it looks.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Thanks everyone, I guess a steering wheel it is! Now I just need to decide on what material I'd like. I love the look of alacantra, but as it's a daily, I'd be worried it'll be work come summer. I was thinking smooth leather all around as perforated leather let's the dirt into the holes and on my current one, they are a bugger to Clean.

I wonder if Royal Steering Wheels would retrim my gear gator, as that'd look good in black alacantra...

Right, I have managed to find at the bottom of the bin a bit of motivation to re-do my old alloy wheels. I did start on them ages ago, but thought I'd better get a move on. I did previously sand, fill, sand and then prime one wheel, so I cracked on yesterday giving it a coat of gloss black. It has come out much much better than expected, I think that is due to 1)putting the can in hot water for a few minutes and 2)being patient (something which I normally majorly lack). It still has some sanding marks showing through the paint, but unless you are looking point blank, you can't tell.

I didn't realise that I didn't have some clear coat, so I bought some clear coat today, Hycote Clear Lacquer. Does anyone have any experiences with it? Is it safe to spray the alloy 2 days after painting it or will it crack later on?

Oh, and I will get a pic up tomorrow...

the most important is your preparation and patience..take your time and it will turn out great..
i used some £4 clear coat from wilko and all is sound

Change of plans on posting pictures. I can't seem to rely on family doing what I kindly ask them to do, resulting me in having to respray the alloy, when it is too cold and ruining the alloy finish.

Right, got the kerbed alloy and the new alloy to replace a buckled one resprayed today by Dentmagic in Weston-Super-Mare. Super fast single day turnaround, will get a garage tomorrow to swap the tyre, over and fit the kerbed one and then get it aligned. I think that hole knocked it out quite a bit.

Also, my alloys that I did myself didnt come out too well :tongueout:. But they will be fine for a backup

Last edited:
Good to hear you've got the wheels sorted out! Shame about the DIY wheels, however good on you for giving it a go!

D-Day tomorrow, i.e, MOT day.
I can then get that out of the way and out of my mind and concentrate on fixing the little niggles I have.

Quick question, wind deflectors, yay or nay? I have them but one side is broken (try drying under them after washing the car...)

Also, I spotted a new RS gear knob on eBay for £44 shipped from Turkey. Seriously debating getting it, but no feedback on the account.